daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:18 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The sermon at the coal mine (1) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The sermon at the coal mine (1) details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, September 14, 2023
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The sermon at the coal mine (1)

He (Saul) said, Who are you Lord? Then the Lord said, I am Jesus whom you are persecuting.
Acts 9:5.

The sermon at the coal mine (1)
A few miners were standing about, waiting for their weekly pay packet. One of them said, "Fred, I've heard that you turned religious last week. We still have 5 minutes to wait. Give us a sermon!" Others agreed, "Yes, a proper sermon starting with the Bible. That will be something!"

Fred hesitated at first; then he began:

"My text is the word that Jesus said to Saul of Tarsus: ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting.' Now boys, listen! Two weeks ago I was cursing and swearing that there was no God. Now I know that there is, and He is my Father. I also know that there is a Saviour, and He has saved me. I'll tell you how it happened.

On Wednesday last week I was on the last shift and missed the last bus home. So I had to walk the 6 miles. It was cold and pitch dark and difficult to see the way. As I struggled through the darkness, I suddenly remembered a saying of my mother's. She spoke about two ways of life: one leading to God, and the other to destruction (Matthew 7:13.14).

I suddenly realised that I was on the way to destruction. I cried from my heart, ‘That's absolutely true! O God, save me!'" Then I remembered another Bible text that my mother had taught me. It was what Saul of Tarsus heard: ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting.' That word hit me hard!"

(to be concluded tomorrow)

Today's reading: Judges 10:1-18 · 2 Corinthians 10:1-11





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


VICTIM OF COMFORT?
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 10, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTIM OF COMFORT?

Just as your attention can be arrested by certain things while undergoing a physical journey, so also can you attention be diverted while running the race to Heaven. One of such things that can divert Heaven-bound citizens is prosperity. Prosperity can give you a lot of comfort which can affect your focus, reduce...More
THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More
SOCIAL DEVIANTS!
Open Heavens
for Saturday, October 4, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SOCIAL DEVIANTS!

A Christian can be described as a little Christ. While on earth, Christ exhibited integrity in all His utterances and actions. He said His children would do greater works. Are you born-again? Are you a true child of God? With self-discipline and appropriate preparation, you can become effective in exhibiting...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions