daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:15 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


They knew so much about Him... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

They knew so much about Him... details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, October 19, 2023
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
They knew so much about Him...

Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And his brothers James, Joses, Simon and Judas? So they were offended at him.
Matthew 13:55.57.

They knew so much about Him, but they didn't believe in Him!

Today, too, many people know something about Jesus Christ. Many also call Him by His name. But they do not entrust their life and their future to Him. Between factual knowledge and acquaintance, on the one hand, and faith and trust, on the other, there is a tremendous difference. It has been formulated like this: many people are Christians, but only in their head, not in their hearts. I can easily know what being a Christian means without believing in Christ in my heart and without having experienced conversion to God and being truly saved.

As I child I once went over a lifeboat. I climbed on to it, listened to an explanation of all the rescue equipment and was stunned at hearing about the power of its engines. I knew all about that boat. But at that moment I didn't need rescuing. It was securely roped to the harbour and in no danger of sinking.

If I were on a sinking ship, how I would wish for a lifeboat to come by! It would be my only hope. How relieved I would be to step on to it, how happy to have been saved from drowning! I wouldn't merely have learned about it, I would have entrusted myself to it.

I may know a little or a lot about Jesus Christ; it won't save me. I must put my faith in Him and entrust myself to Him. Only then will I be saved. The Bible says: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" (Acts 16:31).

Today's reading: 1 Chronicles 13:1-14 · Psalms 86:9-17





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAIT ON THE SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAIT ON THE SPIRIT

In

Bible in one year:
Job 18-20

Action point:
Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING
Open Heavens
for Friday, March 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING

The most important thing a person needs is to be born-again

Bible in one year:
Daniel 11-12
Matthew 5:21-42

Prayer Point:


Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users:
John 17:13-19
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they...More
JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST
Open Heavens
for Saturday, June 26, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST

Read:


Bible in one year:
Acts 8
Songs of Solomon 1:11-17

Hymn:
Sing hymn 12

As joint heirs with Christ Jesus, we are to live according to the direction of the Spirit of God because we are the children of God. This will involve having absolute...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions