daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 6:28 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The story of the picture - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The story of the picture details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, November 24, 2023
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The story of the picture

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives his life for the sheep.

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 10:11.10.

The story of the picture
I was born in North Africa, but I was brought up in France. Although I was educated as a Moslem, I was really an atheist. My passion was music. I played several instruments and composed songs.

One day the director of the company that published my songs suggested that I should write a musical. When I left the building, it started to rain, and I found shelter in a porch way to think about his suggestion. It was the porch of a church. I entered and was attracted by a picture that portrayed someone holding a lamb in his arms. The words under the picture said, "The Good Shepherd gives his life for the sheep." I thought, "What ever person would be prepared to give his life for other people?" I asked the priest who was there present to explain the story of that picture. He gave me a copy of the four gospels. I finally wrote a musical on the life of Jesus, but it couldn't be published: the subject was too controversial.

That wasn't so serious for me, for Jesus had become my life. I stopped drinking and smoking. I had no further desire to spend my time in bars or celebrating. I wanted to return to Africa to speak to my wife Nora about Jesus who had entered my life. She, too, was affected by the Person of Christ; He answered her prayers. Now we both serve the Lord and compose Berber, Arabic and French hymns and songs to glorify God."

Today's reading: 2 Chronicles 12:1-16 · Revelation 2:12-17





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


HE SENDS ON ERRANDS
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HE SENDS ON ERRANDS

God promotes like no one else. Since He is higher than the highest of men, He can lift you to the height no man can take you to. This season, the Lord will promote you. Many years ago, at the first time I was leaving Nigeria for overseas, I was on my way to Canada to attend a world conference of Applied...More
IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Sunday, March 9, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I

In the School of Disciples of the ministry I oversee, one of the three principal Modules...More
Honest to God
Our Daily Bread
for Tuesday, July 3, 2019
by RBC Ministries

Honest to God

Bible in a Year: Job 25-27; Acts 12


Psalm 32:5

Today's Scripture & Insight: Isaiah 1:12-18

My three-year-old grandson's day was off to a rotten start. He couldn't find his favorite shirt. The shoes he wanted to wear were too hot. He fussed and fumed at his...More
The first thing mentioned in this verse is...
The Good Seed
for Tuesday, August 30, 2023
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The first thing mentioned in this verse is...

They continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Acts 2:42.

The first thing mentioned in this verse is the doctrine, i.e. the teaching of the apostles. It is the foundation for the personal and the corporative life of Christians. It...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions