daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 5:20 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The Word of the Cross - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The Word of the Cross details logo    The Good Seed - Sunday, January 8, 2024
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The Word of the Cross

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:18

The Word of the Cross
"God really exists and Jesus Christ lives." With these words a colleague, who taught at the same university as me, once addressed me. I was so perplexed that I said nothing in reply. But I thought to myself that this colleague must know, because I knew him as a serious Christian.

I was inwardly rather ambivalent because, although I believed in the existence of God, I lacked the real conviction that Jesus Christ lives. Nevertheless, this simple sentence of my colleague occupied my mind again and again. Then I was invited to a gospel preaching and I heard there that Jesus died for me personally. It was the message of the cross, which is called the gospel of Jesus Christ. Never before had anyone made it so clear to me, based on the Bible, that I, like all people, was a sinner and therefore under the righteous judgment of God if I didn't accept Christ as Saviour.

At the end of his talk, the speaker asked that those in the audience who had been touched by the message of the cross make themselves known. This applied to me to a tee. I sat among the many other listeners and knew that God was speaking to me. But at that moment, I didn't dare speak up. Nevertheless, I silently accepted Jesus as my personal Saviour, and at that moment I was "born again" (John 3:3-5).

Today I know that Jesus is alive. With conviction I can say that He didn't remain in the grave, but took away the power of death. I fully trust the biblical account that Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the third day and now has the highest place of honour with God in heaven.

Today's reading: Numbers 4:21-49 · Matthew 4:12-25





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 24, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY

Besides prosperity and comfort, another thing that can divert your attention while running the race is resting before you reach your goal. Your goal is Heaven and on earth we have no resting place. The wise men of

Bible in one year:
Genesis 1-2

Key...More
CHRIST IN YOU
Open Heavens
for Sunday, February 23, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CHRIST IN YOU

What someone is carrying on the inside of him can go a long way in affecting his destiny and that of other people around him. Some people possess demonic spirits which empowers them to wreak terrible havoc on fellow human beings from the spirit realm. These are referred to as witches. Some others are possessed by...More
HE RESPONDS TO LOVE
Open Heavens
for Monday, November 6, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HE RESPONDS TO LOVE

...More

Temmy's openheavens daily devotional HE RESPONDS TO LOVE
Don't be dismissive
The Word for today
for Wednesday, September 1, 2022
by Bob and Debby Gass

Don't be dismissive

By pride comes nothing but strife, but with the well-advised is wisdom.' Proverbs 13:10 NKJV

Why do we dismiss input that could help us? Sometimes it's to protect our ego against a painful truth. When we have an entrenched opinion, we can easily adopt a dismissive approach towards the thinking of...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions