daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 4:15 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Mrs L. led a happy life. Her husband... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Mrs L. led a happy life. Her husband... details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, March 14, 2024
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Mrs L. led a happy life. Her husband...

Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Mark 10:17; Matthew 7:7–8

Mrs L. led a happy life. Her husband loved and cared for her, and her children were healthy and brought her joy. She really lacked nothing, and yet deep in her heart was a longing for more. No, not for material things – it was her soul that was not at peace.

Then one day at a Christian event she heard for the first time the message of the Saviour, Jesus Christ, and His indescribably great love for lost people. She was deeply impressed. Later she spoke about these moments:

“I would have loved to have knelt down in that hour and asked the Lord for forgiveness of my guilt. I felt hot and cold, but I couldn’t do it yet. Nor did I dare in those moments – I just wanted to be alone with Him.

Right after that, I locked myself in the bathroom at home and told the Lord Jesus everything I felt, asking Him to forgive my guilt so that I could become a child of God. I knocked on His door, and He opened it for me. Suddenly I had the assurance that God had heard me and that I had indeed become a child of God.

I am now also no longer afraid of death – I know that I will then go to be with my Lord. I also now pray for my children, that they will find their way to the Lord. On that day, my life actually received real substance – to my outer well-being was added inner happiness.”

Today’s reading: Deuteronomy 6:1-15 · Matthew 22:23-33





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph,...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 24, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph,...


Behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a Son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus: for He shall save His people from their...More
JESUS IN YOUR BOAT
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, February 26, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

JESUS IN YOUR BOAT

No doubt, life in a sense is like the sea. A characteristic of the sea is that storms of varying degrees arise, putting the lives of those sailing on it in jeopardy of being drowned. In Jesus' Name, the storms of life will not be able to drown you, your family and your business. While literal storms are natural...More
This tender plant,...
The Good Seed
for Sunday, December 24, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

This tender plant,...

...More

Temmy's thegoodseed daily devotional This tender plant,...
Trusting Our Future to God
Our Daily Bread
for Tuesday, November 23, 2022
by RBC Ministries

Trusting Our Future to God

Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 20-21, James 5

...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions