daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:23 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


It was 70 years ago now – but... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

It was 70 years ago now – but... details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, May 2, 2024
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
It was 70 years ago now – but...

How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation?
Hebrews 2:3

It was 70 years ago now – but I still remember it as if it were yesterday. As an engine driver, I was travelling by train one night. We were in a hurry, although it was stormy and very dark. As I was going around a long curve, I suddenly saw red lights ahead of me. “Brake, John, brake!” I shouted. “Brake – or it will be too late!” My colleague got into the irons and brought the train to a halt. It was not a second too soon, because the debris of a freight train that had derailed was piled up in front of us. I can’t imagine what would have happened if we hadn’t braked …

I was grateful that I had seen the red tail lights in time. A short time later, I was reminded of them again. Someone visited me and asked: “Have you ever thought about what will happen to you after death? Have you wondered whether God can show you a white lantern for free continuation – or whether He has to show you the red lantern?”

It was clear to me that God could not show me a white lantern. He had held out the red one to me to wake me up and warn me. I realised that I was a sinner in God’s eyes and claimed His salvation for myself. Now I know that I have “redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” (Ephesians 1:7).

Each of us is on the way – on his or her own personal journey through life. And for each of us, the journey ends in eternity. If you have life from God, a “white” light shines for you. Otherwise, it shines “red”. If it shines “red”, God is warning you again today. Do you really want to “neglect” His “great salvation”, to disregard it?

Today’s reading: 1 Samuel 2:1-11 · Ephesians 4:11-16





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Having opened their treasures, they offered to Him gifts, gold, and frankincense
The LORD is near
for Wednesday, December 25, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Having opened their treasures, they offered to Him gifts, gold, and frankincense


"Having opened their treasures, they offered to Him gifts, gold, and frankincense, and myrrh."
(Matthew 2:11)

When Jesus was born in Bethlehem, and when the tidings reached the guilty tyrant who sat upon the Jewish throne, he "was troubled and all Jerusalem with him." The men of the city had...More
NEGATIVE LIVING
Open Heavens
for Sunday, March 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

NEGATIVE LIVING

Life comprises of positive and negative elements. As a matter of necessity, it is not good for someone to opt for negative living. The fact that Jesus Christ was destined to die for the sin of the whole world does not exonerate Judas Iscariot from the evil that led him to the idea of betraying the King of Glory....More
Hope Anyway
Our Daily Bread
for Sunday, July 22, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Hope Anyway

Read: Psalm 34:15-18 | Bible in a Year: Psalms 31-32; Acts 23:16-35



God's Word is the true source of comfort.

By Dave...More
Don't Quit
The LORD is near
for Monday, March 7, 2023
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Don't Quit

These all died in faith Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.
Hebrews 11:13, 16 NKJV

Don't Quit
Hebrews 11 has been called the "Heroes' Hall of Faith." It presents illustrations of faith, not in an abstract way, but in the real...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions