daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:24 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Troubles of old age - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Troubles of old age details logo    The Good Seed - Friday, May 3, 2024
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Troubles of old age

Do not cast me off in the time of old age; do not forsake me when my strength fails.
Psalm 71:9

Troubles of old age
A woman of advanced age tells us, “I am so weak on my feet, and it’s getting worse. You can’t imagine how troublesome it is to barely get out of your room or out of your home.” God knows that it is troublesome for many to grow old and to see themselves becoming more and more frail. That is why He makes a glorious promise: “Even to your old age, I am He, and even to grey hairs I will carry you” (Isaiah 46:4).

“What are you saying?” retorts an aged man. “I don’t understand you, because I no longer hear well. I can hardly follow the conversations at the table. I feel excluded because of that, and I am getting lonelier by the day. Can you imagine that?” The Lord Jesus knows your loneliness in old age. His promise in Matthew 28:20 also applies to this stage of life: “Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

“I can’t see any more,” says an old lady with tears in her eyes. “Believe me, that’s the worst thing there is!” What comfort does the Word of God give in such a situation? The apostle John directs the thoughts of God’s children to the future: “We know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is” (1 John 3:2). What a wonderful hope to see the Lord Jesus!

Today’s reading: 1 Samuel 2:12-26 · Ephesians 4:17-24





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


APPLY THE KEY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

APPLY THE KEY

Every blessing worth its salt requires a key without which the seeker cannot access it. While some people have never experienced open doors, others once did, but the doors hitherto opened to them have been shut. In

Bible in one year:
Psalm 82-84

Key...More
Pray A Prayer Of Release
The Word for today
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Pray A Prayer Of Release

[The] curse does not come to rest.'Proverbs 26:2 NIV

Author Stormie Omartian grew up with a mother who told her she was worthless. She locked Stormie in a closet because she couldn't stand to see her daughter's face'! Stormie writes: I was raised by a mentally ill motherandher behaviour left me...More
September 13, 2015
The Good Seed
for Sunday, September 13, 2015
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

September 13, 2015

Today's reading: Psalm 88

And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise...More
Goodbye for Now
Our Daily Bread
for Wednesday, March 7, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Goodbye for Now

Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 | Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 3-4; Mark 10:32-52



At death, God's people don't say "goodbye," but "we'll see you later."


By Cindy Hess...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions