daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:23 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


My parents raised me in the Jewish... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

My parents raised me in the Jewish... details logo    The Good Seed - Tuesday, May 7, 2024
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
My parents raised me in the Jewish...

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1

My parents raised me in the Jewish faith. My mother told me about the Messiah who would one day redeem all people. But the Nazi genocide had destroyed this seed of hope in me.

After my studies, singing became my religion. I became a singer and actor and I was very successful: soon I was performing with the most famous singers of the time. But this success didn’t bring me inner peace and I asked myself what was the meaning of my life.

“Are you at peace?” I sometimes asked my fellow artists with whom I was on tour. I remember well the answer of the famous chansonnier Jacques Brel (1929–1978): “With money we can pay for almost everything we want – you know that; but this peace you speak of has no price. Not even with all the money in the world can we buy it.”

I was not satisfied with this so I also discussed it with my father, who had studied many religions. I told him about my questions and my search for the meaning of life. He listened to me attentively. Then he gave me a New Testament that he had received from a missionary.

It surprised me that he, as a Jew, recommended this book which is usually rejected by my people. However, although my father was committed to Jewish traditions, he was liberal-minded and open for discussion. He held the view that it was always better to go back to the sources. And so I took his advice and read the New Testament. From the beginning I was impressed by the words of Jesus, by His message of love and peace.

(to be continued tomorrow)

Today’s reading: 1 Samuel 4:12-22 · Ephesians 5:22-33





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


ENLIST A STRONGER ALLY
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 4, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ENLIST A STRONGER ALLY

Its amazing that some people who need deliverance do not realize their need; rather they look for others to deliver while they remain in their bondages. In any way you need deliverance, it shall be given to you this season. If God has made several promises to you, and at the time they should be fulfilled none of...More
FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS


A certain man a magician, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Bar-Jesus, who was with the proconsul Sergius Paulus, an intelligent manElymas the magician (for so his name is by interpretation) opposed them, seeking to turn away the proconsul from faith. ButPaul, filled with the Holy Spirit, fixing his...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SOARING BEYOND THE SKY
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, May 14, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SOARING BEYOND THE SKY

You need peace of mind to succeed in life, business and ministry. To enjoy peace of mind, you need to overcome heartache, worry and anxiety. Forget past failures, disappointment and discouragement which can result in soul sickness. Soul sickness is the bane of life. Soul sickness is caused by lust, or as someone...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions