daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:02 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Looking in the mirror - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Looking in the mirror details logo    The Good Seed - Saturday, July 27, 2024
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Looking in the mirror

But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
James 1:22–24

Looking in the mirror
What do you think about when you look in the mirror? When a believing Christian does that, he has the opportunity to be reminded that God created me, wanted me, loved me, drew me to His heart, made me His child, and I belong to Him, having accepted the Lord Jesus as my Saviour.

When I have this foundation in life, it is much easier for me to accept myself as I was created by God. Then I am not primarily concerned with pleasing people but with pleasing God, and I no longer need to run after the latest fad. My surroundings only see my outward appearance, but God knows my heart. A pure heart is more important to Him than a wrinkle-free face or perfectly tailored clothes.

Besides, God has given us another “mirror” and is pleased if we look into it regularly: the Word of God shows us what we are like on the inside. It penetrates us “even to the division of soul and spirit … and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).

When I recognise dirt on my clothes, I put them in the wash. Likewise, when God shows me stains through His Word that I need to confess before Him, I should respond. Perhaps then I will also become aware of something for which I need to ask a person’s forgiveness.

How nice when I can then happily look in the mirror again, because I know that there is nothing that stands between me and God.

Today’s reading: 2 Samuel 22:20-32 · John 1:19-28





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


BE TRULY ROOTED
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 21, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BE TRULY ROOTED

You can overcome the attacks of the devil if you can simply obey God's Word. Before taking on the devil, be sure of your salvation because the salvation of many today is questionable. Many are pretenders and have really never answered the altar call for salvation at any time. At the time they should be answering...More
YOUR FIRST LOVE
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, February 5, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

YOUR FIRST LOVE

As a Christian, your heart ought to be aglow with genuine love for Christ, unless you are not genuinely saved as a result of having not truly repented from your sins even though you have confessed Jesus. At the new birth experience, the Holy Spirit regenerates our spirit and fills it with deep and pure love for...More
The wall of snow
The Good Seed
for Thursday, January 6, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The wall of snow


Nahum 1:7

The wall of snow

At the beginning of January 1814, the Swedish crown prince Carl Johann Bernadotte and his allies were bearing Schleswig during the winter campaign against the Danes. The inhabitants of the city feared the worst, particularly from the brutal...More
Imitation or Genuine?
Daily Devotionals
for Wednesday, November 18, 2021
by Inspiration Ministries

Imitation or Genuine?

"All the prophets were prophesying before them. Then Zedekiah said, 'This is what the LORD says' All the prophets were prophesying this as well." - 1 Kings 22:10-12 NASB

Zedekiah understood what it meant to be a prophet. He knew the vocabulary and how to deliver prophecies. In similar ways, others...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions