daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:04 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


“Prayers aren’t answered; it’s all... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

“Prayers aren’t answered; it’s all... details logo    The Good Seed - Monday, August 5, 2024
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
“Prayers aren’t answered; it’s all...

Deliver those who are drawn toward death, and hold back those stumbling to the slaughter.
Proverbs 24:11

“Prayers aren’t answered; it’s all just imagination!” The one who said this was well-spoken and sure of himself. He looked into the crowd listening to him and invited them to discuss it with him.

Then a man stepped out of the crowd and stood next to him. You could tell it took him some effort to talk in front of people. “I didn’t come here to argue,” he began, “but I must contradict the claim that prayers are unanswered and are pure imagination.”

“I was a real scoundrel. I dealt and gambled and got into fights. My wife and daughter were afraid when I came home at night. But they prayed for me – which I didn’t know.”

“One night I came home earlier than usual – and sober at that. Obviously, my wife had just put my daughter to bed because I heard her praying, ‘Dear Lord Jesus, please, save my dad.’ And I heard my wife say, ‘Please, Lord, hear her prayer.’ I stood in the front doorway and listened and found myself paralysed. Quietly, I left the house and walked aimlessly through the streets. Again and again I heard my daughter say, ‘Dear Lord Jesus, please, save my dad’! Why was she praying for me? I had never taken her in my arms, nor had I ever given her a kiss. I cried out to God, ‘God, if you exist, help me and give an answer to her prayer!’ And God did. Today I know that Jesus Christ has forgiven me for my past.”

He turned to the first speaker and said, “I’m convinced that God answers prayers – because I’ve experienced it in myself!”

Today’s reading: 1 Kings 2:1-27 · John 4:15-30





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


We have not a high priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities,...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 22, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

We have not a high priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities,...


We have not a high priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities, but tempted in all things in like manner, sin apart.
(Hebrews 4:15)


There are those who would use the truth of the real manhood of the Lord Jesus and His gracious, sympathetic identification with our humanity as an...More
DIVINE CHAMPION 2
Open Heavens
for Monday, February 17, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DIVINE CHAMPION 2

Yesterday we discovered that our Lord Jesus Christ is the number one champion and that He makes His people champions. We also saw that a divine champion is a person raised up and supported by God.

One attribute of a champion is strength. The divine champion is one who receives divine strengthening....More
SITUATION-DEPENDENT SERVICE
Open Heavens
for Friday, July 28, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SITUATION-DEPENDENT SERVICE

Read:...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions