daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 1:22 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Lord over life and death - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Lord over life and death details logo    The Good Seed - Saturday, August 31, 2024
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Lord over life and death

For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians 6:20

Lord over life and death
The spokesman for a pro-euthanasia organisation was asked, “Who owns your body?” He replied, “It is mine and mine alone. It belongs neither to the church nor to a political party nor to medicine. I have been a free citizen from birth and even more so since I came of age. I have no intention of changing this as long as I live, and I will not have anything imposed on me – neither by doctors, nor by my family, nor by my heirs.”

This statement is understandable: no one has a right to another’s life. But still, it ignores one fact: God gave us life, and therefore we are accountable to Him for what we do with our lives.

Thus, every human being may know that he was created by God, who knew him before his conception. And God is also the One who determines the day of his death: “The Lord kills and makes alive” (1 Samuel 2:6).

If I were asked as a Christian who my body belongs to, I might answer like this: My body belongs to my God, along with my soul and spirit. Through His sacrificial death on the cross, Jesus Christ paid for my guilt and bought me for God (see today’s verse). Therefore, others are not allowed to decide about my life any more than I am allowed to decide about myself. I leave the care and responsibility for my life and death to a God who is much wiser than I am and who loves me.

I have the assurance that my decaying body will one day be transformed into a glorious body. And in the meantime, I remember that I no longer belong to myself but to Christ; and I strive to honour Him in my words and actions.

Today’s reading: 1 Kings 13:20-34 · John 10:1-6





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 24, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY

Besides prosperity and comfort, another thing that can divert your attention while running the race is resting before you reach your goal. Your goal is Heaven and on earth we have no resting place. The wise men of

Bible in one year:
Genesis 1-2

Key...More
CHRIST IN YOU
Open Heavens
for Sunday, February 23, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CHRIST IN YOU

What someone is carrying on the inside of him can go a long way in affecting his destiny and that of other people around him. Some people possess demonic spirits which empowers them to wreak terrible havoc on fellow human beings from the spirit realm. These are referred to as witches. Some others are possessed by...More
HE RESPONDS TO LOVE
Open Heavens
for Monday, November 6, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HE RESPONDS TO LOVE

...More

Temmy's openheavens daily devotional HE RESPONDS TO LOVE
Don't be dismissive
The Word for today
for Wednesday, September 1, 2022
by Bob and Debby Gass

Don't be dismissive

By pride comes nothing but strife, but with the well-advised is wisdom.' Proverbs 13:10 NKJV

Why do we dismiss input that could help us? Sometimes it's to protect our ego against a painful truth. When we have an entrenched opinion, we can easily adopt a dismissive approach towards the thinking of...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions