daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 12:41 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Good medicine - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Good medicine details logo    The Good Seed - Monday, November 25, 2024
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Good medicine

I know, O Lord, that … in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Psalm 119:75, 103

Good medicine
A lady who often struggled with melancholy finally decided to see a respected doctor. This man had an excellent knowledge of human nature. He asked her a series of questions, noted the answers, and observed her thoughtfully. Then he thought he had identified her particular problem. Without prescribing anything for her, he stood up and said, “From today on, please read your Bible for an hour every evening. Then after a month, I would like to see you again.”

The lady took her leave without acting on this recommendation. She thought, “He’s making fun of me. I didn’t come to see a priest, I came to see a doctor.” Nevertheless, that evening she took out her Bible, “After all, it doesn’t cost anything. I want to try this ‘treatment’.” She read, and after a while she had the desire to pray. So it went on, evening after evening. Gradually, a certain inner balance drove away her dark thoughts. Then she sought out the doctor again.

“One can see right away that you are feeling better!” he exclaimed. “And I’m not surprised at all. After all, I’ve prescribed the same ‘treatment’ for you that I use on myself.” He picked up a much-used Bible from the desk and continued, “You see this book? I read in it every morning. I never start my consultation hour without having consulted it. It gives me inner support. Don’t thank me, thank God! And above all – continue this ‘treatment’.”

Today’s reading: Ezekiel 18:1-18 · Psalms 119:145-160





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


APPLY THE KEY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, December 15, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

APPLY THE KEY

Every blessing worth its salt requires a key without which the seeker cannot access it. While some people have never experienced open doors, others once did, but the doors hitherto opened to them have been shut. In

Bible in one year:
Psalm 82-84

Key...More
Pray A Prayer Of Release
The Word for today
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Pray A Prayer Of Release

[The] curse does not come to rest.'Proverbs 26:2 NIV

Author Stormie Omartian grew up with a mother who told her she was worthless. She locked Stormie in a closet because she couldn't stand to see her daughter's face'! Stormie writes: I was raised by a mentally ill motherandher behaviour left me...More
September 13, 2015
The Good Seed
for Sunday, September 13, 2015
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

September 13, 2015

Today's reading: Psalm 88

And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise...More
Goodbye for Now
Our Daily Bread
for Wednesday, March 7, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Goodbye for Now

Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 | Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 3-4; Mark 10:32-52



At death, God's people don't say "goodbye," but "we'll see you later."


By Cindy Hess...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions