daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 11:58 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A young woman wants to... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

A young woman wants to... details logo    The Good Seed - Saturday, January 11, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
A young woman wants to...

You believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions.
John 14:1–2

A young woman wants to rent an apartment together with her girlfriend in a big city, but she can’t find one. Or rather, by the time she finds one there are already many others ahead of her. If only she had more money, some connections, a louder voice ...

In the end, she has to apply for an apartment with an application file that also contains her father’s documents – his payslip and credit report, because he is supposed to be her guarantor. Actually, the information is nobody’s business but the landlord wants to know – and she needs an apartment. So she submits her portfolio and hopes that her application will be successful.

How good it is that I don’t have to apply to be accepted by God, that I don’t have to present anything in order to find a home with Him!

What could I possibly present to Him? A statement of assets and liabilities? Donation receipts? A baptismal certificate? Proof of communion or confirmation? A certificate of good conduct? No, none of these would bring me even one step closer to Him.

Jesus Christ says: “You believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions. ... I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:1–3).

It is faith in Jesus Christ – and only in Him – that opens the door to God for me. It gives me a right to heaven, to a place with Him, my Saviour. Then I am a citizen of heaven, and from there I await my Lord Jesus Christ who will come again and take me home to Himself (Philippians 3:20). May it be soon!

Today’s reading: Hosea 11:1-12 · James 5:7-12





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence...
The LORD is near
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence...


I am come from heaven, not that I should do My will, but the will of Him that has sent Me.
(John 6:38)

The only true attitude for the Christian is that of dependence. The moment we get off the ground of dependence on God we are sure to come to grief. This is true both individually...More
Are You Feeling Insecure? (3)
The Word for today
for Tuesday, January 7, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Are You Feeling Insecure? (3)

The Lordsaid to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth." '
Jeremiah 1:9 NIV


The people God calls usually start out feeling ill-equipped and insecure. Indeed, if you jumped and said, No problem, Lord, I can handle that,' He wouldn't call you at all. You say, but I've made so many...More
CO-PILOT USED SKY DEVIL' LOG IN
Our Daily Manna
for Saturday, August 15, 2015
by Dr Chris Kwakpovwe

CO-PILOT USED SKY DEVIL' LOG IN

Be reminded that evidence from the cockpit voice recorder suggests that Mr. Andreas Lubitz, 27, the killer co-pilot of GERMAN WINGS FLIGHT 9525 locked the cock pit door when Capt Patrick Sondenheimer, 34, also of Dusseldorf city, left for a toilet break and used controls to override the entry code, crashing the plane...More
CAPTIVES OF THE MIGHTY
Open Heavens
for Sunday, August 13, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAPTIVES OF THE MIGHTY

Read:
declared that He came to set the captives...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions