daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 9:17 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The youth pastor and evangelist... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The youth pastor and evangelist... details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, March 19, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The youth pastor and evangelist...

Woe is me, for I am undone!

But the Lord of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and God who is holy shall be hallowed in righteousness.

Isaiah 6:5; Isaiah 5:16

The youth pastor and evangelist Wilhelm Busch (1897–1966) told of his conversion:

I was a young officer in the First World War. I didn’t need Jesus. I was a good horseman and had the command of a battery at the age of 18. So I really thought that I didn’t need Jesus! But then came the hour when the abyss opened up before me. That was when a friend next to me, to whom I wanted to say something, suddenly fell dead from his horse. A splinter had hit him.

Then I was suddenly overcome by the question: “If you get the next shot – where will you be then?” I suddenly realised that then I would be standing before God. And I thought, “Can I stand before God?” I remember how I started to list my merits: “But I’m brave and I’m fighting for my country. I’m no worse than others ...”. And it was as if God thundered back at me, “What about your sins?” That’s when the abyss opened up, when I suddenly understood: “I can’t stand before God with my sins; if I get shot now, I’ll go to hell.” We all have to go through that hour once.

That’s when I first prayed, “Dear God, don’t let me die before I ...”. But I didn’t know what. So I asked: “How do I do it? How do I get right with God?”

Then we came to a rest area. And in the top of my big suitcase, which always stayed with the baggage, there was a little book – a Bible. My mother had smuggled it into my suitcase on my last holiday. I picked up the booklet and leafed through it. Then my eye fell on the words: “Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners”.

(to be concluded tomorrow)

Today’s reading: Obadiah vv. 12-21 · Proverbs 26:1-9





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


THE NON-LYING GOD (1)
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 26, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (1)


One of themselves, a prophet of their own, has said, Cretans are always liarsThis testimony is true; for which cause rebuke them severely, that they may be sound in the faith.
(Titus 1:12-13)


THE NON-LYING GOD (1)
Have you ever thought about one word or phrase for an entire...More
Welcoming Strangers
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, March 9, 2019
by RBC Ministries

Welcoming Strangers

Bible in a Year: Deuteronomy 8-10; Mark 11:19-33


Deuteronomy 10:19

Today's Scripture & Insight: Deuteronomy 10:12-19

When my friends lived in Moldova, one of the poorest countries in Europe, they were overwhelmed by the warm welcome they received there,...More
Today God is calling you (3)
The Word for today
for Sunday, June 5, 2023
by Bob and Debby Gass

Today God is calling you (3)

I have prayed for you, that your faith will not fail.' Luke 22:32 NASB

God wants you to do His will, but you'll never reach the place of spiritual maturity in which you're free of Satan. You can overcome him, but you can't eliminate him. Look at Peter. He had only one gear: overdrive. He was always...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions