daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 11:56 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Pastor Wilhelm Busch’s account of... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Pastor Wilhelm Busch’s account of... details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, March 20, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Pastor Wilhelm Busch’s account of...

Jesus said … the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
John 6:37

Pastor Wilhelm Busch’s account of his conversion during World War I continues:

“Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners”. I will never forget that hour. It was as if it struck me: “A sinner, that’s what am!” I didn’t know exactly what it meant to be saved but that’s what I wanted. And if Jesus Christ could save sinners, I had to find Jesus!

But how would I do that? Far and wide there was no one who could tell me. But the abyss had opened and I was afraid of going to hell, terribly afraid. Have you ever felt like that before? Today, when people make objections to Christianity, I say, “You have never felt the terror of God.”

I had to have Jesus. We were on the march back then. There was a shot-up farmhouse by the road. I headed towards it. And at that moment it dawned on me like a very bright light: Jesus is alive! And I can talk to a living person! If Jesus is alive, then I only need to tell Him that I want to be saved.

Until then, it had all been theory. But now I rushed into the farmhouse, locked the door from the inside, fell to my knees and prayed properly for the first time in my life. It went something like this: “Lord Jesus, I realise that You are here now. You are the only one who saves sinners. I am a sinner; I want to be saved – here, now, today! I want to become a child of God. Lord Jesus, I give myself to You.” I remember saying, “Lord Jesus, I can’t promise You anything; I have a very unstable character. But here I am.” From that moment on, He has been my Lord.

(abridged)

Today’s reading: Jonah 1:1-17 · Proverbs 26:10-19





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 24, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY

Besides prosperity and comfort, another thing that can divert your attention while running the race is resting before you reach your goal. Your goal is Heaven and on earth we have no resting place. The wise men of

Bible in one year:
Genesis 1-2

Key...More
CHRIST IN YOU
Open Heavens
for Sunday, February 23, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CHRIST IN YOU

What someone is carrying on the inside of him can go a long way in affecting his destiny and that of other people around him. Some people possess demonic spirits which empowers them to wreak terrible havoc on fellow human beings from the spirit realm. These are referred to as witches. Some others are possessed by...More
HE RESPONDS TO LOVE
Open Heavens
for Monday, November 6, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HE RESPONDS TO LOVE

...More

Temmy's openheavens daily devotional HE RESPONDS TO LOVE
Don't be dismissive
The Word for today
for Wednesday, September 1, 2022
by Bob and Debby Gass

Don't be dismissive

By pride comes nothing but strife, but with the well-advised is wisdom.' Proverbs 13:10 NKJV

Why do we dismiss input that could help us? Sometimes it's to protect our ego against a painful truth. When we have an entrenched opinion, we can easily adopt a dismissive approach towards the thinking of...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions