daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 10:09 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


As a Christian, what can I... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

As a Christian, what can I... details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, April 2, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
As a Christian, what can I...

And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
Matthew 6:5–6

As a Christian, what can I learn about prayer from these words of the Lord Jesus?

– My prayer is addressed to God, my Father, or to the Lord Jesus. He is the addressee of my petitions and thanksgivings. It isn’t about delivering a message to others – in my own family or to other believers. Otherwise, like the Pharisees, I would only want to impress people with my prayer.

– My prayer should be done without disturbance. Therefore, I need a suitable place, a way to withdraw from everyday life (the proverbial chamber).

– My prayer is like a familiar “conversation” between me and God. Prayer gives me the opportunity to discuss important questions and needs personally with God and to present them to Him. In prayer I can ask God for His help, for His blessing, or for His mercy. This makes me feel very small before myself and also before others.

– The Lord Jesus doesn’t say that I can only pray when I’m alone (see Matthew 6:18). I can also pray, for example, while driving or at work. Everywhere and at any time I can pray to Him.

– And one more amazing point: God even wants to reward me for my prayer. Prayer is the admission that I need God for everything, for every single step. But this awareness alone is appreciated and rewarded by my Father in Heaven. How? Perhaps by the very fact that He hears my prayer.

What a gift prayer is! Do I make use of it?

Today’s reading: Nahum 3:1-19 · Proverbs 30:24-33





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Learn To Wait
The Word for today
for Tuesday, January 14, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Learn To Wait

My times are in Your hand'Psalms 31:15 NKJV

The Psalm writes, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hand' (vv. 14-15 NKJV). As you walk with God you'll find that you spend more time waiting than you do receiving. And when you receive what you're waiting for, then...More
EYES OF LOVE
Our Daily Bread
for Saturday, October 31, 2015
by RBC Ministries

EYES OF LOVE

READ:
, "Jesus looked at them and said," 'With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible'"(v.27).
Today, Jesus sees us through eyes of love and invites us to follow Him. - David McCasland


God has an all-seeing eye and all-forgiving heart....More
A Statement Of Purpose To Live By
The Word for today
for Friday, August 31, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

A Statement Of Purpose To Live By

Always give yourselves fully.' 1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV

Next time you pass a McDonald's, think about this statement from the one of the founders: Ray Kroc. Press on! Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent....More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions