daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 5:37 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


I do not become a Christian by... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

I do not become a Christian by... details logo    The Good Seed - Tuesday, April 15, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
I do not become a Christian by...

Do not marvel that I said to you, You must be born again.
John 3:7

I do not become a Christian by avoiding or suppressing evil, those “works of the flesh” (as the Bible calls them), such as: “adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies” and more (Galatians 5:19–21). No, being a Christian doesn’t mean, “You must not!” even though many think it does. The Ten Commandments – the words of the Law – tell me, “You must not!” They show me indirectly what I am like. Through them I only become more aware of my evil inclinations. But the Ten Commandments do not produce anything good in me – nothing in which God can take pleasure.

The uniqueness of Christianity does not lie in the fact that the evil in man is to be suppressed or eradicated, but that something new is produced. Christianity (and by this I mean something that is alive and real, not a confession, a religion or a tradition) isn’t simply an ideal that I have to try to achieve. It isn’t about an ethic that corrects my bad points or a power that improves me. No, I become a Christian by getting new life – life from God!

When Jesus Christ says here, “You must be born again”, it puts an end to any hope that expects anything from me. Just as weeds cannot be cultivated, neither can my natural being.

“You must be born again”, however, also shows that new life is possible and necessary. It is received by everyone who believes in Jesus, the Son of God. This life brings forth good fruits in which God takes pleasure.

But when the kindness and the love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration.

Titus 3:4–5

Today’s reading: Genesis 7:1-16 · 1 Peter 4:1-6





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAIT ON THE SPIRIT
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAIT ON THE SPIRIT

In

Bible in one year:
Job 18-20

Action point:
Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING
Open Heavens
for Friday, March 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SANCTIFICATION PRECEDES DIVINE COMMISSIONING

The most important thing a person needs is to be born-again

Bible in one year:
Daniel 11-12
Matthew 5:21-42

Prayer Point:


Full Bible Reading For Mobile Users:
John 17:13-19
13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they...More
JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST
Open Heavens
for Saturday, June 26, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

JOINT HEIRS WITH CHRIST

Read:


Bible in one year:
Acts 8
Songs of Solomon 1:11-17

Hymn:
Sing hymn 12

As joint heirs with Christ Jesus, we are to live according to the direction of the Spirit of God because we are the children of God. This will involve having absolute...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions