daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 5:38 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A Japanese girl had been to... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

A Japanese girl had been to... details logo    The Good Seed - Saturday, April 19, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
A Japanese girl had been to...

I am the Lord, that is My name; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to carved images.
Isaiah 42:8

A Japanese girl had been to Christian Sunday School for the second time. Now she was telling her grandmother about it: “The God of the Christians is completely different from our God. You don’t have to go to the temple first if you want to talk to Him. The Sunday school teacher there says you can always talk to Him anytime and anywhere – here at home, at work, and on the way to school! And He listens right away, too!”

The grandmother was quite impressed. “Do you talk to Him, too?” she asked.

“Oh, yes,” the little girl replied. “You know how bad I am at arithmetic. Now I ask Him every morning to help me. Now I can understand the tasks better and solve them too!”

“But,” the girl chattered on, “there’s one thing I don’t like about the Christian God: He can also see everything! The Sunday school teacher said so. I used to steal fruit from the gardens now and then. I was quite clever; no one ever caught me. But now I don’t dare anymore. If only the Christian God couldn’t see everything!”

Affected, the little girl paused. And the grandmother pondered for a long time. Finally, she said, “Then I know why so many people here need two gods. They need one so they can get help and the other so they can do evil.”

Even in the Christianised western world many people have two “gods”. If they are doing well, then they happily take credit for everything. But when an emergency situation arises, they gladly turn to the God of the Bible. But God doesn’t want to be called on only in times of danger – He invites us to let Him bless our whole life by following His Word!

Today’s reading: Genesis 10:1-32 · 1 Peter 5:8-14





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


ANY QUERY FROM SATAN?
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 2, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ANY QUERY FROM SATAN?

A divine midwife must be in control of his or her choices and ensure that they are God-centred and not self-centred. They must be ready to take decisions even when it hurts them. They must also be prepared to respond to Satans...More
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 10, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(2 Peter 3:18)

God in His grace has centered every blessing for us in Christ. Without Christ, we have nothing, nothing but our sins; with Christ we have all things, and therefore want nothing in addition to Christ. As...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions