daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:53 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A driver damaged a parked car in a... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

A driver damaged a parked car in a... details logo    The Good Seed - Tuesday, July 8, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
A driver damaged a parked car in a...

I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord, and You forgave the iniquity of my sin.
Psalm 32:5

A driver damaged a parked car in a major city. He simply left a note and fled the scene. An inscribed napkin hanging on the windshield of the damaged car read, “Sorry! Had to swerve and am short on cash at the moment,” adorned with a sad emoji.

Well, the stranger said three things: 1. I’m sorry ... 2. I know how the damage was done ... 3. I’m aware that the damage has to be paid. Let’s add to this that he was honest. But did that absolve him, erasing his guilt? Would the police let him go if they found him because he showed remorse, admitted the guilt and could also explain what had happened? Hardly!

Now let’s imagine that I’m standing before God at the end of my life. And He shows me my transgressions: my hatred, my pride, my hurtful words, and my unclean thoughts. Will it be enough for me to say to Him, in retrospect, “Sorry. I’m really sorry”? Or whether He will accept me if I can explain the situation to Him – why I lied, stole or hurt people, why I evaded taxes or broke my marriage – especially since the blame doesn’t lie with me alone? After all, my boss, my wife, my upbringing, my entire life situation contributed to it.

But if I can tell Him that although I am guilty, another, namely Jesus Christ, paid for my transgressions on the cross of Calvary – then I am saved! Then Jesus Himself has taken my place and has been punished for me. Then my guilt is forgiven and I am free!

Today’s reading: Daniel 5:13-31 · Acts 1:1-9





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


WAYS OF DELIVERANCE
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 11, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

WAYS OF DELIVERANCE

In

Bible in one year:
Job 14-17

Action...More
It may be that Jehovah will look on mine affliction, and that...
The LORD is near
for Monday, December 30, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

It may be that Jehovah will look on mine affliction, and that...


It may be that Jehovah will look on mine affliction, and that Jehovah will requite me good for my being cursed this day. And David and his men went by the way; and Shimei went along on the hill's side over against him, and cursed as he went, and threw stones at him, and cast...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions