daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 12:05 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Two visits to the doctor (2) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Two visits to the doctor (2) details logo    The Good Seed - Friday, August 15, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Two visits to the doctor (2)

For I am the Lord who heals you.
Exodus 15:26

Two visits to the doctor (2)
Tom had told me how he had become ill and that he had already expected the worst, but had been converted on the way to the doctor.

“As I rode along, I felt as if God was speaking to me. I sensed that He intended to use me, but that in order to do so, I would have to change my life. This included saying no to drunkenness, because alcohol had already ruined the lives of many around me. So I said inwardly, ‘Lord, I don’t want to touch alcohol anymore.’ God continued to talk to me: ‘And, Tom, you are going to tell people something about me – but you have quite a raspy smoker’s voice. Besides, you know that smoking is expensive.’ Again, I nodded inwardly, and to prove that I was serious, I threw away the pipe and tobacco at once.

I arrived at the doctor’s surgery. He examined me and then announced, ‘Young man, if you listen to me, you’ll soon be well again. You must stop drinking alcohol and you must stop smoking.’

‘No problem, doctor,’ I said. ‘That’s exactly what another doctor recommended to me on the way into town.’

He raised his head, ‘What other doctor? I’m the only one for miles around!’

Then I told him my story, as I have now told it to you. The song I just hummed has become important to me in my faith, so I sing and hum it often. It has become my trademark.”

If we were to talk to the “specialist in matters of faith”, God Himself, what do you think He would recommend? And would we follow it?

Today’s reading: Job 24:13-26:14 · Acts 13:23-31





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?

Besides discouragement, another weapon Satan uses often against believers is their weaknesses. He simply studies an individual for a period of time and not long after, he identifies the fellow's weakness and capitalizes on it. Take for instance Peter. Satan discovered that Peter is a cowardly person-lacking in...More
DON'T KILL YOURSELF FOR NOTHING
Daily Scripture Reading
for Saturday, August 22, 2015
by STUDENT CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM) OF NIGERIA & WORLD STUDENT CHRISTIAN FEDERATION (WSCF) AFRICA REGION

DON'T KILL YOURSELF FOR NOTHING



Do hope you are learning from our meditations through Psalm 73. It pictures to us the reality of everyday living. I do hope you are realizing that after all there is no point envying the prosperous wicked. Do not kill yourself for nothing. You have your life to live. Do not be a puppet dancing the...More
Hudson Taylor...
The Good Seed
for Saturday, May 20, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Hudson Taylor...


John 19:30

The parents of Hudson Taylor (1832-1905), the well-known missionary in China, were believers. From their example, he noticed early in life how helpful prayer and the Bible are.
His parents' exemplary life impressed him, and he endeavoured to be as good a Christian as they were....More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions