daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:07 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


My wife and I are sitting in front of... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

My wife and I are sitting in front of... details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, October 23, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
My wife and I are sitting in front of...

I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever.
John 6:51

My wife and I are sitting in front of a lonely chapel. The surprisingly warm November sun gradually dissipates the fog over the Inn Valley. Kufstein with its imposing castle becomes visible. We are reading the Bible together, in the Gospel of John. Then an old Tyrolean farmer comes along the path with a pitchfork on his shoulder and I greet him. “Tat’s bet’n (Are you praying)?” he asks. – “We’re just reading in the Scriptures how Judas betrays the Lord Jesus Christ and Peter denies Him, before the Lord is then condemned and crucified.” The man pauses, interested.

“Here I have something for you to read. There is even more in it about Jesus Christ.”

He turns over in his hands the two sheets I give him, looking at them, front and back. Then he says abruptly, “Hast a Bibl a (Do you also have a Bible)?”

I gladly hand him a New Testament from the boot of the car, which is fully loaded with leftover bread from a large bakery which I want to take to a farmer.

“Would you like a loaf?”

“Yes.” Gratefully, he also accepts some bread and then continues on his way.

I watch him for some time as he walks up the steep slope to his remote homestead. In one hand bread for the body, in the other the living bread for the soul. Perhaps for the first time, the Word of God has entered this lonely home to satisfy a hungry soul. Jesus Christ Himself says, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst” (John 6:35).

Today’s reading: Isaiah 49:14-26 · Hebrews 11:8-16





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


We have not a high priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities,...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 22, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

We have not a high priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities,...


We have not a high priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities, but tempted in all things in like manner, sin apart.
(Hebrews 4:15)


There are those who would use the truth of the real manhood of the Lord Jesus and His gracious, sympathetic identification with our humanity as an...More
DIVINE CHAMPION 2
Open Heavens
for Monday, February 17, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DIVINE CHAMPION 2

Yesterday we discovered that our Lord Jesus Christ is the number one champion and that He makes His people champions. We also saw that a divine champion is a person raised up and supported by God.

One attribute of a champion is strength. The divine champion is one who receives divine strengthening....More
SITUATION-DEPENDENT SERVICE
Open Heavens
for Friday, July 28, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SITUATION-DEPENDENT SERVICE

Read:...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions