daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:56 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A twofold salvation - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

A twofold salvation details logo    The Good Seed - Friday, November 21, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
A twofold salvation

Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.

Sirs, what must I do to be saved? … Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.

Psalm 50:15; Acts 16:30–31

A twofold salvation
A World War 2 veteran recounts, “I was part of the British forces in 1940 when the Germans surrounded us at Dunkirk on the Channel Coast.” Like many others, this soldier prayed to God in the face of great danger.

And then came what has been called “The miracle of the little ships”. With the help of more than 900 vessels, including small fishing boats and lifeboats, more than 330,000 British and French soldiers were successfully evacuated across the English Channel.

“That was my first rescue,” the veteran recounts. “But I still needed a second rescue. I had looked death in the face and knew that I was not prepared for it. God showed me that after death I would have to stand before Him, the righteous Judge. I knew that in the Bible it said: ‘The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord’ (Romans 6:23). So then I prayed to Christ and confessed my sins to Him. And I told Him that I needed Him as my Saviour. The Lord Jesus heard my prayer and saved me. He gave me assurance of salvation: ‘As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name’” (John 1:12).

Indeed, this man experienced a double salvation. He was rescued from the threat of an early death to continue living here on earth, and he was delivered from the peril of eternal damnation to have eternal life. What a gift from God!

Today’s reading: Ecclesiastes 7:15-29 · Mark 6:14-20





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph,...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 24, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph,...


Behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a Son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus: for He shall save His people from their...More
JESUS IN YOUR BOAT
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, February 26, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

JESUS IN YOUR BOAT

No doubt, life in a sense is like the sea. A characteristic of the sea is that storms of varying degrees arise, putting the lives of those sailing on it in jeopardy of being drowned. In Jesus' Name, the storms of life will not be able to drown you, your family and your business. While literal storms are natural...More
This tender plant,...
The Good Seed
for Sunday, December 24, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

This tender plant,...

...More

Temmy's thegoodseed daily devotional This tender plant,...
Trusting Our Future to God
Our Daily Bread
for Tuesday, November 23, 2022
by RBC Ministries

Trusting Our Future to God

Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 20-21, James 5

...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions