daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:54 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


My path to God - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

My path to God details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, November 27, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
My path to God

For we can do nothing against the truth.
2 Corinthians 13:8

My path to God
I spent my youth in the former Soviet Union. Although I read many books against the Christian faith there, one day the question popped into my mind: If God doesn’t exist, then why all these efforts to fight against Him? In our communist society, the whole system – education, the media, science, the arts – fought against faith. How could Christians, even though they were being expelled from society, maintain their assurance of faith and peace? I had the example of my parents in mind. They were committed Christians.

One day I decided to accompany them to a Christian meeting. But during the sermon I thought about the question, “How can you pray to someone you can’t see?” It seemed absurd to me. Nevertheless, this question didn’t let me go.

Six months later, I heard a Christian preacher again and was deeply touched by the gospel. But thoughts came at me from all sides, trying to hold me back: “If you embrace this, you’ll have to give up everything. You’ll lose your friends, your studies, your future prospects ...”. Still, I got down on my knees, tears streaming from my eyes – not because I would lose so much, but because of the brand new realisation that God loves me. I cried out to Him and asked Him to forgive me for my unbelief. And God answered me: He gave me forgiveness and peace! Now it was no longer just a conjecture that God might exist, but I knew it. I received the certainty that Jesus was my Saviour and my Lord – and I’m still sure of it to this day.

Today’s reading: The Song of Solomon 1:1-17 · Mark 7:24-37





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, December 14, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CAN SATAN RIGHTLY ACCUSE YOU?

Besides discouragement, another weapon Satan uses often against believers is their weaknesses. He simply studies an individual for a period of time and not long after, he identifies the fellow's weakness and capitalizes on it. Take for instance Peter. Satan discovered that Peter is a cowardly person-lacking in...More
DON'T KILL YOURSELF FOR NOTHING
Daily Scripture Reading
for Saturday, August 22, 2015
by STUDENT CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT (SCM) OF NIGERIA & WORLD STUDENT CHRISTIAN FEDERATION (WSCF) AFRICA REGION

DON'T KILL YOURSELF FOR NOTHING



Do hope you are learning from our meditations through Psalm 73. It pictures to us the reality of everyday living. I do hope you are realizing that after all there is no point envying the prosperous wicked. Do not kill yourself for nothing. You have your life to live. Do not be a puppet dancing the...More
Hudson Taylor...
The Good Seed
for Saturday, May 20, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

Hudson Taylor...


John 19:30

The parents of Hudson Taylor (1832-1905), the well-known missionary in China, were believers. From their example, he noticed early in life how helpful prayer and the Bible are.
His parents' exemplary life impressed him, and he endeavoured to be as good a Christian as they were....More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions