daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 12:01 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Max loved to spend time in nature, especially in... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Max loved to spend time in nature, especially in... details logo    The Good Seed - Saturday, November 29, 2025
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Max loved to spend time in nature, especially in...

In my distress I cried to the Lord, and He heard me.
Psalm 120:1

Max loved to spend time in nature, especially in the city park or in the surrounding fields and forests. He used suitable places to lay out small flyers with messages from the Bible, hoping that the flyers would be found and that the finders would read and accept the wonderful message of the Saviour Jesus Christ. But over time, Max became discouraged. After all, he had been distributing the flyers for many years and had never received a positive response. Should he continue with it despite this? He also wondered if it was God’s will for him to continue.

By this point, Max was almost ready to look for a different task. Then one day a colleague came to him and said, “Max, I’ve been converted! I’m now also a child of God.”

Max was speechless, for it was that colleague, of all people, of whom he would have least expected it. Max asked him how it had come about.

The colleague told him: “I was totally exhausted and disappointed with life. When I was toying with the idea of ending my life, I went into the forest. There I found a Christian flyer on a bench. In my despair I began to read. I felt personally addressed by it and realised that I was a lost sinner. If I was to say goodbye here, nothing good was awaiting me; on the contrary – God would have to condemn me because He is just. In my great distress, I prayed to God asking Him to forgive my sins and thanking Him for sacrificing His Son for me.”

Two people were in despair – but both were helped. To one, God gave forgiveness of his sins, and to the other, He gave renewed courage to diligently spread the gospel.

Today’s reading: The Song of Solomon 3:1-11 · Mark 8:14-26





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
Getting Them From Childhood To Adulthood (2)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 22, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Getting Them From Childhood To Adulthood (2)

Be clear minded and self-controlled' 1 Peter 4:7 NIV
Going from childhood to adulthood is a transition that requires a lot of wisdom and love. Your teen will feel and behave child-like sometimes, and adult-like other times. Your job is to realize that whatever their status, they will become a man (woman)...More
BIG SPRING
Our Daily Bread
for Sunday, February 28, 2016
by RBC Ministries

BIG SPRING

READ:


But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
-John 4:14

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Numbers 20-22
Mark...More
Taught by Turkeys
Our Daily Bread
for Monday, November 24, 2020
by RBC Ministries

Taught by Turkeys

Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 22-23, 1 Peter 1

More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions