daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:56 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


God gave me a future again - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

God gave me a future again details logo    The Good Seed - Saturday, January 17, 2026
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
God gave me a future again

For You are my hope, O LORD God.
Psalm 71:5

God gave me a future again
The memories of my childhood are very contradictory: my mother cared lovingly for us; my father gradually lost control of his life and our family due to his alcohol consumption. I still see myself as a child walking down the sidewalk, staring at my feet – full of fear in going home. Why did this happen to me? No one cared about my questions.

At the age of 15, I moved to live with my relatives in Spain. There I grew up without ever gaining a sense of right and wrong. My only points of reference were my mother, who had protected us, and my older brother, who had a bad reputation in our neighbourhood because of his brutality. Gradually, alcohol and drugs ruled my life. I went from party to party. I would get up only around noon and then spend my time until 4 or 5 in the morning in the environment of drugs and music.

One day I received a letter from my older brother. He wrote to me that he had been touched by Jesus and that his life had changed. He included a Gospel of John with the letter. Normally, I never read anything. But now I read the entire Gospel in four days. The words of God struck me to the core, and the love of God touched me. I returned to my hometown where I met my brother again. He took me to a Christian community where I was warmly welcomed. God took a lot of time to straighten me out.

After about half a year, I was baptised. I also resumed my studies, successfully completed them, and found a job. Eventually, I even started a family. God has given me a future and hope in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jonathan

Today’s reading: Exodus 10:12-23 · Luke 4:31-44





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Now before the feast of the Passover...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 1, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Now before the feast of the Passover...

Now before the feast of the Passover, Jesus, knowing that His hour had come that He should depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, loved them to the end
(John 13:1)

The opening verse of chapter 13 is introductory to the last discourses of our Lord. The...More
UNCOVERING EVIL
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 5, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

UNCOVERING EVIL

The presence of the supernatural power of God in a church can take that church beyond limits.
It can also uproot the presence of evil in the midst of Gods children. In Acts 5, a couple were uprooted through this. If we are going to sanitise the church, we need the Holy Spirit. Just as we need Him to heal, save...More
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions