daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 3:45 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Only speak a word! - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Only speak a word! details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, February 11, 2026
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Only speak a word!

Jesus said to the centurion, Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you. And his servant was healed that same hour.
Matthew 8:13

Only speak a word!
In Capernaum, a fishing port on the Sea of Galilee, a centurion approaches Jesus with a request: “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralysed, dreadfully tormented.” Jesus responds, “I will come and heal him.”

The officer replies, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.” Then he adds a justification to his unusual request. He says, in effect, to Jesus Christ: As an officer, I have authority over my soldiers. When I give them an order, they obey it immediately. But compared to you, I am nothing. Your authority is much greater. Whatever and whomever you command – it will happen.

Jesus is amazed by this great faith. What characterises it? And what can I learn from this faith?

1. The centurion admits to himself: I have a problem that I cannot solve. – Am I willing to admit that I cannot help myself?

2. He asks Jesus for help. – Do I seek the help of the Lord Jesus in prayer?

3. He makes himself small before Jesus: “Lord, I am not worthy …” – What do I think of myself? Am I aware that I deserve nothing?

4. He trusts completely in the power and will of the Lord to help him. – Do I give up my self-confidence and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ?

Four steps of faith. Four steps to Jesus Christ. – Why do they often seem so difficult?

Today’s reading: Exodus 25:1-22 · Luke 9:37-50





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


MOVE ON TO MULTIPLICATION
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 9, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

MOVE ON TO MULTIPLICATION

Another attribute of a midwife is that he or she must be able to earn a reward from God. God rewarded the midwives of Exodus 1 and He is looking for those who can work hard to earn...More
Behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph,...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 24, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph,...


Behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a Son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus: for He shall save His people from their...More
TOTAL COMPLIANCE REQUIRED
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, July 22, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

TOTAL COMPLIANCE REQUIRED

When we teach about tithes and first fruits, some people think that it is the pastor's way of making money but they are making a great mistake. When you put God first, He will make sure that your blessings are irreversible. But if you decide to give Him second place in your life, you may not be happy to see what...More
FACING OUR PAST
Our Daily Bread
for Tuesday, October 13, 2015
by RBC Ministries

FACING OUR PAST

READ:
.
Like Paul,we don't need to parade our failures or to pretend they didn't happen. Instead, we can thank the Lord that through His grace and power, our past is forgiven, our presence is changed, and our future is bright with hope for all he has prepared for us. - David...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions