daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 10:09 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Before I set off on a journey... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Before I set off on a journey... details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, January 2, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Before I set off on a journey...

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psalm 23:1

Before I set off on a journey, I check that I haven't forgotten anything. For some years I have kept a check-list containing all that is needed on every journey. It has proved its usefulness. Before every trip I go through the different things listed to make sure that nothing is missing in my luggage.

Psalm 23, in which David describes the various needs people have on their life's journey, could be compared with such a list. But has it struck you how he proceeds? He does not go through all that is necessary so as to establish finally that nothing is missing. He begins with a vital fact: "The LORD is my shepherd", immediately adding his conclusion: "I shall not want."

Isn't that remarkable? For David riches do not consist in the Lord's provision of his various requirements, even though that is also true. What is decisive for him is that the Lord is his shepherd: he has a personal relationship with his Lord: he knows the Good Shepherd. That suffices for him to be able to say: "I shall not want."

This great benefit, this personal relationship to the Good Shepherd is possible for all even today. If we are one with Christ through faith, we have been "enriched in everything by him" (1 Corinthians 1:5). Christ is then our Lord and our shepherd, and we belong to Him. That is enough to make a person happy and truly content in his life and to enable him to look confidently to the future.

Today's reading: Exodus 2:1-15 · Luke 1:13-25





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


IS YOUR VISA READY?
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 23, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IS YOUR VISA READY?

Speaking of aspirations and ambitions in life, if all you can achieve on earth is for your name to enter and remain in the most important book in the universe - the Book of Life, it is worth it. On the Day of Judgment, many whose names were in earth's halls of fame will be shown the way to the eternal lake of fire...More
BE STRONG
Open Heavens
for Friday, February 14, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BE STRONG

You don't charge someone to be strong if there is no task to be performed or if pressure is not required, either for motion or putting up resistance against an opposing force. In the physical realm, mere movement requires strength. This explains why a sick person or a person just recovering from an ailment finds it...More
God often proves to be other than people think...
The Good Seed
for Saturday, June 10, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

God often proves to be other than people think...


Acts 5:4-5

God often proves to be other than people think. Here, for example, death struck a man suddenly for lying before God. Is God therefore severe, when he makes use of His power unreservedly towards the weak?
Let us first briefly examine what preceded this judgment. Holy zeal for the...More
Spiritual Diagnosis
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, April 29, 2022
by RBC Ministries

Spiritual Diagnosis

Bible in a Year: 1 Kings 6-7, Luke...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions