daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 10:11 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Seeking the one true God - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Seeking the one true God details logo    The Good Seed - Sunday, February 3, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Seeking the one true God

You have dealt well with your servant, O LORD, according to your word. Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe your commandments. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word. You are good, and do good.
Psalm 119:65-68

Seeking the one true God
Is genuine faith the result of one's upbringing, or must one get to know God personally? Where can true faith be found? Is faith what I have been taught?

In my search for the one true God I went to Christian gatherings where the Bible was read and discussed. I felt personally spoken to as never before, yet I remained undecided. I wanted proof that God existed and really was as He was described. Then a friend explained, "No-one can give you the proof that you seek, nor can any church, but God alone. Pray to God and ask Him to give you assurance. He reveals Himself to those who sincerely seek after Him." That response was surprising but also convincing. I didn't need human support; I needed the truth.

One evening I poured out my heart before God. Nothing visible happened; I didn't hear any voice, but I did sleep peacefully. The peace of God entered my heart and with it the answer I sought. Christ Himself is the truth, and His Word, the Bible, teaches us the truth.

It is now eight years since I was converted. I trust Him in both joyful and difficult moments, and I am getting to know Him better and better. I pray that my relatives might also receive Jesus, who spoke to me through His Word and granted me eternal life.

Today's reading: Exodus 19:1-25 · Luke 8:19-25





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS


A certain man a magician, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Bar-Jesus, who was with the proconsul Sergius Paulus, an intelligent manElymas the magician (for so his name is by interpretation) opposed them, seeking to turn away the proconsul from faith. ButPaul, filled with the Holy Spirit, fixing his...More
Be Passionate About It (3)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 4, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Be Passionate About It (3)

Press toward the goal for the prize'Philippians 3:14 NKJV
Albert Schweitzer said, Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.' When you feel passionate about something and allow yourself to pursue it, you position yourself...More
TRANSFORMED BY THE NEW CREATION
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, May 5, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

TRANSFORMED BY THE NEW CREATION

One of the most profound wonders you will find anywhere in the world is the wonder of a transformed life. When a person who was demon-possessed suddenly becomes a vessel unto honour, what wonder can be greater than this? Such a person remains a wonder throughout his or her lifetime. This was the testimony of Mary...More
ONE AMAZING LETTER
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, September 10, 2016
by RBC Ministries

ONE AMAZING LETTER

READ:
. It is one amazing letter! - Dave Branon


The love of God for us is revealed in His letter to us - the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions