daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 8:17 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A nurse told us of the following... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

A nurse told us of the following... details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, May 15, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
A nurse told us of the following...

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Hebrews 10:31

A nurse told us of the following experience:

Many years ago there was a woman in our ward who was very seriously ill. One day she asked me, "Sister, must I die?" I answered, "I don't know. But you yourself know that your condition is serious. Are you ready to die? Is everything in order between you and God?"

Then she poured out her troubles: "Nothing is in order. I can't die yet. We have only just saved our firm from the brink of bankruptcy. And put some money aside for our later life. Until now I have known nothing but work. And then there is my partner. We only live together: we still have to get married. Sister, I mustn't die yet!"

She was nearing her end. Could I keep silent? I had to tell her about the Lord Jesus, His love and His work on the cross. I prayed with her and commended her to God.

Then she took my hand and said, "Sister, pray for my cat, too, that someone can be found to look after her." I was taken aback, but she pleaded with me: "Pray for my cat!" So I prayed for that woman's cat. When I went back to her bedside later, she lay in a coma. Shortly afterwards she died.

Whatever else she needed to put in order - it was too late! She clearly could not discern what was important and what was trivial at that late stage. Did she find her way to God? I do not know. A case of death has rarely shocked me as much as that one. How necessary it is to get things in order with God in time!

"Behold, now is the accepted time, behold, now is the day of salvation!" (2 Corinthians 6:2).

Today's reading: Jeremiah 44:1-10 · Romans 11:11-21





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS


A certain man a magician, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Bar-Jesus, who was with the proconsul Sergius Paulus, an intelligent manElymas the magician (for so his name is by interpretation) opposed them, seeking to turn away the proconsul from faith. ButPaul, filled with the Holy Spirit, fixing his...More
Be Passionate About It (3)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 4, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Be Passionate About It (3)

Press toward the goal for the prize'Philippians 3:14 NKJV
Albert Schweitzer said, Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.' When you feel passionate about something and allow yourself to pursue it, you position yourself...More
TRANSFORMED BY THE NEW CREATION
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, May 5, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

TRANSFORMED BY THE NEW CREATION

One of the most profound wonders you will find anywhere in the world is the wonder of a transformed life. When a person who was demon-possessed suddenly becomes a vessel unto honour, what wonder can be greater than this? Such a person remains a wonder throughout his or her lifetime. This was the testimony of Mary...More
ONE AMAZING LETTER
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, September 10, 2016
by RBC Ministries

ONE AMAZING LETTER

READ:
. It is one amazing letter! - Dave Branon


The love of God for us is revealed in His letter to us - the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions