daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 7:26 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The history of my Christian life - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The history of my Christian life details logo    The Good Seed - Tuesday, June 10, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The history of my Christian life

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new.Now we are children of God; we know that when he is revealed, we shall be like him.
2 Corinthians 5:17; 1 John 3:2

The history of my Christian life
I am not what I was: When I met the Lord, I passed from darkness to light. Through His Spirit God made of me a new person. By means of a new, spiritual birth I changed. I now see things and think differently. My conduct towards God and my fellowmen is not the same. My priority is now to please my Saviour. I belong to a new family composed of all who believe in Jesus.

I am not what I shall be: I am still on earth with many weaknesses and limitations. My body is only a fragile, provisional abode like a tent (2 Corinthians 5:1). I long for my eternal, heavenly home. One day what is mortal will be swallowed up by life (2 Corinthians 5:4). I shall be like the Lord and for ever with Him.

I am not what I ought to be. Despite my new life as a Christian, my behaviour is far from perfect: I do wrong and am filled with shame: but God has provided a resource for me: "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). In my transitory state I have life from God and yet am bound to my former habits. But while conscious of my weakness, I am grateful for the Lord's faithful care. Like the apostle Paul, I can say: "By the grace of God I am what I am" (1 Corinthians 15:10).

Today's reading: Leviticus 4:1-12 · Psalm 49:12-21





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


A Spiritual Checkup (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 15, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

A Spiritual Checkup (1)

The Lord searches every heart and understands every motive'
1 Chronicles 28:9


The Psalmist prayed, Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting' (Psalms 139:23-24 NKJV). If you're wise you'll...More
HOW PROPHETIC ARE YOUR NAMES?
Open Heavens
for Friday, November 20, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HOW PROPHETIC ARE YOUR NAMES?

The name you bear is very important because it serves as your identity and your future may be connected to it. The name a person bears is sometimes indicative of the experiences he or she will encounter in life. Take for instance Moses: this name means "drawn out of water"

Bible in one year:
Job...More
Look For Teaching Moments
The Word for today
for Tuesday, November 6, 2019
by Bob and Debby Gass

Look For Teaching Moments

What do these stones mean?' Joshua 4:21 NIV

One of the most effective ways to teach is through teaching moments'. Jesus did that. When a fig tree didn't produce fruit, He cursed it and it immediately withered up. That got the disciples' attention (see Matthew 21:18-22). Then He explained that unless...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions