daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 7:25 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


It was during his student days that... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

It was during his student days that... details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, June 11, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
It was during his student days that...

To me this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.
Ephesians 3:8

It was during his student days that the Norwegian professor of theology, Ole Hallesby, found faith in Jesus Christ. He reported how it happened:

When I asked my professor for a testimonial one day, he suddenly asked me. "You are studying theology, but you haven't yet sought advice as to how you are going to employ your studies? I suggest you visit me soon." A few days later I was sitting in his study.

The wise elderly gentleman who knew me and my views was well aware that I would probably not take his advice. He had given me the tip to visit him for another reason. So he was quickly finished with his advice. Then he looked me in the face with his warm, mild eyes and said, "Won't you become a Christian at long last, Hallesby?"

I shall never forget those words and that moment, however old I become. The thought flashed through my mind: You are basically a heathen! And it affected me so much that I was on my knees before my crucified Redeemer before six months had passed. At the time, however, I had frivolously tried to banish that well-aimed hint. My professor listened calmly and patiently to all I said to justify myself and gave a few answers, but then broke off our conversation abruptly with the words: "Why try to force him? It will come!"

Today I should like to hand that question on to you and ask each one: "Won't you become a Christian at long last? When I think of the infinite riches that have entered my life since then, I have the fervent wish that each of you should become a Christian."

Today's reading: Leviticus 4:13-26 · Psalm 50:1-15





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


ENLIST A STRONGER ALLY
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 4, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ENLIST A STRONGER ALLY

Its amazing that some people who need deliverance do not realize their need; rather they look for others to deliver while they remain in their bondages. In any way you need deliverance, it shall be given to you this season. If God has made several promises to you, and at the time they should be fulfilled none of...More
FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS


A certain man a magician, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Bar-Jesus, who was with the proconsul Sergius Paulus, an intelligent manElymas the magician (for so his name is by interpretation) opposed them, seeking to turn away the proconsul from faith. ButPaul, filled with the Holy Spirit, fixing his...More
BORN FOR A PURPOSE
Open Heavens
for Thursday, January 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BORN FOR A PURPOSE

One of the things you must endeavour to know is God's purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, he is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where he...More
SOARING BEYOND THE SKY
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, May 14, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SOARING BEYOND THE SKY

You need peace of mind to succeed in life, business and ministry. To enjoy peace of mind, you need to overcome heartache, worry and anxiety. Forget past failures, disappointment and discouragement which can result in soul sickness. Soul sickness is the bane of life. Soul sickness is caused by lust, or as someone...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions