daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 7:26 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Hiding from God’s eyes - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Hiding from God’s eyes details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, June 19, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Hiding from God’s eyes

Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.The LORD's throne is in heaven; his eyes behold the sons of men.
Genesis 3:8; Psalm 11:4

Hiding from God's eyes
In a French village around 1800 there was a spiritual revival. A villager of the time reported:

"When I was still young, I was intrigued by what happened in the village. Early in the morning and late in the evening men and women went in small groups to a clearing in the forest. I decided to see if what people were saying was true. I went there a little later so as not to meet anyone on the way. I intended standing behind a tree near enough not to miss what was said or done at those meetings.

The preacher took his message from the book of Genesis and spoke loudly on Adam, the man who avoided the LORD by hiding behind the trees in the Garden of Eden. Suddenly, carried away by his subject, he shouted: "Here is someone hiding behind a tree, imagining that God cannot see him and refusing to make his peace with God."

Thunderstruck, I thought the preacher had noticed me and meant me. I couldn't flee, and being convinced about sin and being lost, I knelt down behind the tree, pleading that God would have mercy on the sinner that I was."

It is impossible to escape God's eyes. He knows all about us (cf. Psalm 139), and we have to render our account to Him. But, what good news! God loves us as we are and wishes to establish a relationship of trust on the ground of the forgiveness that He grants to all who repent. Then peace will put fear and guilt to flight.

Today's reading: Leviticus 8:22-36 · Psalm 55:9-16





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I

The first thing that strikes you in

Bible in one year:
Jeremiah 44-46
Psalm 58

Prayer...More
KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, April 17, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE

Several years ago, I was on a visit to a parish of our church in Ilesha (a town in southwest Nigeria) on the same day that a Bible Study was to take place. Because I wanted to be blessed, I sat down in the congregation waiting for the Bible study teacher to commence the lesson for the day. However, an overzealous...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions