daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 6:35 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


An elderly Christian once said:... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

An elderly Christian once said:... details logo    The Good Seed - Monday, August 18, 2020
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
An elderly Christian once said:...

The lips of a fool shall swallow him up; the words of his mouth begin with foolishness, and the end of his talk is raving madness.
Ecclesiastes 10:12.13

An elderly Christian once said: In my team of building workers I had a man who swore disgustingly. It always made me feel sad when I heard him. It was particularly bad on Mondays, when, after drinking excessively on Sunday, he found the work more difficult.

On one such Monday I had a helpful idea: I called the man across. On his way over he said,‘I know I'm not doing the work very well today. You needn't tell me. But one must have some pleasure. Do you begrudge me a few glasses of beer?"

"No," I answered. "I didn't want to speak to you about your drunkenness. If you think your free time is there for you to ruin your health, I can't forbid you. What matters is that you should do your work properly. What I won't allow is that you pray here publicly on the building site." - " Me pray? I never pray!" - "Yes, you do. All the morning I have heard you calling on God to damn you. Do you really want Him to condemn you? Is your life so repulsive to you that you want damnation before the time comes? For my part, I shall pray to God that you might be saved."

The man went as red as a beetroot, turned round and went back to his work. Had he taken it to heart? God knows. From then on at least he took pains to come to work sober. And I never heard him swear again.

Today's reading: Joshua 18:1-28 · 1 Corinthians 14:13-25





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


We have not a high priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities,...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 22, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

We have not a high priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities,...


We have not a high priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities, but tempted in all things in like manner, sin apart.
(Hebrews 4:15)


There are those who would use the truth of the real manhood of the Lord Jesus and His gracious, sympathetic identification with our humanity as an...More
DIVINE CHAMPION 2
Open Heavens
for Monday, February 17, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DIVINE CHAMPION 2

Yesterday we discovered that our Lord Jesus Christ is the number one champion and that He makes His people champions. We also saw that a divine champion is a person raised up and supported by God.

One attribute of a champion is strength. The divine champion is one who receives divine strengthening....More
SITUATION-DEPENDENT SERVICE
Open Heavens
for Friday, July 28, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SITUATION-DEPENDENT SERVICE

Read:...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions