daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 1:07 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Does God really exist (1) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Does God really exist (1) details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, July 22, 2021
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Does God really exist (1)

You who seek God, your hearts shall live.

If you seek him, he will be found by you.

Psalm 69: 32; 1 Chronicles 28: 9.

Does God really exist (1)
A Christian from Israel states:

"I never had any desire to seek God. During my military service I learned to trust in myself, in my will power and my potential. I got on very well without God, yet I wanted to know whether He really existed.

I spent a lot of time thinking about this question. When I spoke to a friend about it, she said, "Why not ask God to give you a sign that He does exist?" So I asked Him for a sign as proof of His existence. So I suggested that He should wake me at 11 o'clock. I used to get up early every morning. I repeated this request several times, but without any success. I told myself that it must mean that God did not exist.

Later I met a Christian who assured me: "God would never demonstrate His existence in such a way. He wants you to go to Him." That displeased me, but I couldn't help feeling that his words meant something.

When I was alone in my room a few days later, I opened the New Testament and asked God, "If you really exist, let me open the book at the place that I must read." I opened it and saw the lines: "This is an evil generation. It seeks a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah" .

I was perplexed. I realised that I could not expect a particular sign. God's word was the answer to my question. Now it was up to me to take the decisive step of faith.

(to be concluded tomorrow)

Today‘s reading: 2 Samuel 19: 25 - 44 · Titus 3: 1 - 15





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FASTING IS NECESSARY
Open Heavens
for Thursday, December 26, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

FASTING IS NECESSARY

To relate with the Holy Spirit, you must be holy. You must also exercise a living faith, pray and fast. Some people will tell you that because had finished the work of salvation, there is no need to fast. To them, fasting is completely needless and is some form of self-inflicted punishment. But they forget that...More
ATTENTIVE TO THE MASTER'S INSTRUCTIONS?
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, March 5, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ATTENTIVE TO THE MASTER'S INSTRUCTIONS?

It is always good to pay close attention to instructions given by someone you claim to be your guide or guardian. Often, we miss many opportunities, breakthroughs and victories because we fail to see the details of the instructions given to us on a subject. A multinational company once held a promotional exam for...More
Thanks for Who God Is
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, November 16, 2018
by RBC Ministries

Thanks for Who God Is

Read: Psalm 95:1-7 | Bible in a Year: Ezekiel 3-4; Hebrews 11:20-40



There are countless reasons to thank God, including for who He is!

By Dave...More
Operating with Prayer
Our Daily Bread
for Wednesday, May 4, 2023
by RBC Ministries

Operating with Prayer

Bible in a Year: 1 Kings 16-18, Luke 22:47-71


2 Chronicles 20:3

Today's Scripture & Insight: 2 Chronicles 20:1-12

When my son needed orthopedic surgery, I was grateful for the doctor who performed the operation. The doctor, who was nearing retirement, assured us...More


Temmy's ourdailybread daily devotional Operating with Prayer



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions