daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 11:29 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Pride prevented me from repenting - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

Pride prevented me from repenting details logo    The Good Seed - Monday, October 26, 2021
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
Pride prevented me from repenting

Do you despise the riches of his goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
Romans 2: 4.

Pride prevented me from repenting
"In my childhood I had a Christian upbringing. Outwardly I appeared to be a Christian, even in the eyes of believers. I wasn't ashamed to tell my friends that I was an "evangelical Christian", but I was still lost and far from God. At night I often had nightmares that terrorised me. Eternity without God frightened me, because I knew that I was a sinner before Him and that He did not receive sinners in heaven. I considered the sense of life and came to the conclusion that I was leading a useless life. I wondered, "What is the good of this life? It is senseless because everything passes away." I had never made a firm decision in my heart, but my need to believe in Christ increased.

One evening, therefore, having once more heard the invitation to accept Jesus as my personal Saviour, being convicted of sin, I decided to repent of my wrongdoings and believe in Christ. I admitted my sins and asked God's forgiveness, praying that He would make me His child. The pride that for years had hindered me from repenting of my wrongs and humbling myself before God had vanished with His help. Immediately I felt a burden fall from my shoulders, and great joy and peace entered my heart. I tasted God's goodness and from that moment was certain that I was saved. That is how my life in Christ began. The Lord was with me, strengthening me in the faith."

Today‘s reading: 2 Kings 19: 14 - 24 · 1 John 5: 6 - 12





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-THE FALSE PROPHET
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 19, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-THE FALSE PROPHET


And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the...More
EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 28, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE

Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue quite early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of...More
PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS
Open Heavens
for Saturday, July 10, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS

Read:
that when he cried to the Lord, the Lord healed him. This is another testimony of someone who believed in the God that answers prayers. May prayer for someone using this devotional is that as you cry unto God today, He will answer you as He answered Hannah, Jabez and Elijah in Jesus'...More
The bankruptcy that saves
The Good Seed
for Wednesday, August 19, 2021
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

The bankruptcy that saves

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him - for the redemption of their souls is costly, and it shall cease for ever.

You were not redeemed with silver or gold from your aimless conduct but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions