daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 11:30 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


An answer to the question why - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

An answer to the question why details logo    The Good Seed - Friday, October 30, 2021
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
An answer to the question why

All things work together for good to those who love God.
Romans 8: 28.

An answer to the question why
During my entire childhood I wept for my mother who died very young. Not that I lacked affection, but because, for a child, the separation from the one who bore her is like a real mutilation.

Every stage of my life brought back her image. If it was a happy stage, I regretted being unable to share it with my mother. If it was troublesome, I wept for not being able to tell her. How many times have I cried to God amid my tears, "Why did you take her from me?"

However, little by little, her absence and the suffering it caused forced me to seek a personal relationship with the God, to whom I used to speak without truly knowing Him. It made me seek in Him something other than an automatic machine to which I simply had to give a code word (religious rites or good works) to get what I wanted. It led me to put all my confidence in Him and make the hope for eternity that He promises each one my own. Then one day I was able to say, amid my tears, "Thank you Lord, for taking my mother, for now I know you." The waves of the stormy sea had cast me on to the God of love.

These lines certainly do not claim to answer the anguishing question, "Why the suffering?" May they be, however, a testimony to the fact that, in the difficult circumstances that God permits, He wants to hold out His hand to man to establish a true relationship with Himself.

Today‘s reading: 2 Kings 21: 1 - 18 · 3 John 9 - 15





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


ANY QUERY FROM SATAN?
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 2, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

ANY QUERY FROM SATAN?

A divine midwife must be in control of his or her choices and ensure that they are God-centred and not self-centred. They must be ready to take decisions even when it hurts them. They must also be prepared to respond to Satans...More
And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 10, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
(2 Peter 3:18)

God in His grace has centered every blessing for us in Christ. Without Christ, we have nothing, nothing but our sins; with Christ we have all things, and therefore want nothing in addition to Christ. As...More
SPIRITUAL WARFARE I
Open Heavens
for Friday, January 10, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SPIRITUAL WARFARE I

When we are told to put on the whole armour of God, one thing becomes clear instantly. This is the fact that there is a God. We cannot be talking of the armour of God if there is no God. Anyone who thinks that there is no God is a fool (Psalm 14:1). You have to pray that God would reveal Himself to you. The...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions