daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 11:33 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The change in Shira’s life (2) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

The change in Shira’s life (2) details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, November 18, 2021
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
The change in Shira’s life (2)

All that the Father gives me will come to me, and the one who comes to me I will by no means cast out. And this is the will of him who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6: 37.40.

The change in Shira's life (2)
I went on reading the New Testament. One morning - I was in the bus - I read the account of the crucifixion for the first time. I burst into tears. I wept because Jesus had died; at that time I did not know the He rose again. But as I read on, I came to the report of the resurrection of Jesus. What a joy! It was all so realistic before my eyes, as if I myself had been present at the last Passover in Jerusalem and at His resurrection.

Some months later I was invited to a Bible conference. The speaker explained the different sacrifices that are described in Leviticus, showing that they were illustrative of the atoning death of the Messiah. Then the sinner brought a clean animal as a sacrifice. He laid his hands on the animal and confessed his sins. They were transferred, as it were, to the innocent animal sacrificed. The death sentence that the sinner deserved was carried out on the creature sacrificed as his substitute.

At once I understood the true meaning of the death of Jesus. I was the sinner, and the Messiah underwent the death that I had deserved. He was the sacrifice substituted for me. I knew that even if I had not committed great sins, my life was full of minor sins, so that I truly needed forgiveness and cleansing. Jesus had indeed given His life for me, because He loved me and wished to save me.

(concluded)

Today‘s reading: Ezekiel 12: 1 - 28 · Psalms 119: 33 - 48





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS
The LORD is near
for Thursday, December 12, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

FALSE PROPHETS AND THEIR PROPHECIES-ELYMAS/BAR-JESUS


A certain man a magician, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Bar-Jesus, who was with the proconsul Sergius Paulus, an intelligent manElymas the magician (for so his name is by interpretation) opposed them, seeking to turn away the proconsul from faith. ButPaul, filled with the Holy Spirit, fixing his...More
Be Passionate About It (3)
The Word for today
for Saturday, January 4, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Be Passionate About It (3)

Press toward the goal for the prize'Philippians 3:14 NKJV
Albert Schweitzer said, Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.' When you feel passionate about something and allow yourself to pursue it, you position yourself...More
TRANSFORMED BY THE NEW CREATION
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, May 5, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

TRANSFORMED BY THE NEW CREATION

One of the most profound wonders you will find anywhere in the world is the wonder of a transformed life. When a person who was demon-possessed suddenly becomes a vessel unto honour, what wonder can be greater than this? Such a person remains a wonder throughout his or her lifetime. This was the testimony of Mary...More
ONE AMAZING LETTER
Our Daily Bread
for Friday, September 10, 2016
by RBC Ministries

ONE AMAZING LETTER

READ:
. It is one amazing letter! - Dave Branon


The love of God for us is revealed in His letter to us - the...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions