daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 9:52 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A Christian lady once said: “At the age of eight I... - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

A Christian lady once said: “At the age of eight I... details logo    The Good Seed - Sunday, February 7, 2022
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
A Christian lady once said: “At the age of eight I...

The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying, Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness I have drawn you.
Jeremiah 31:3.

A Christian lady once said: "At the age of eight I made friends with a classmate whose family believed in Jesus Christ. In our home God was never mentioned. Nevertheless I had questions about God early on.

Later my friend invited me to a meeting of young Christians. There I heard

a)that the Son of God came to earth to save people;

b)that Jesus bore the guilt of lost sinners and its punishment on the cross;

c)that He rose from the dead and lives for ever, and

d)that I could become a child of God, if I believed in Jesus Christ and His work of redemption.

What a profound change! When I reached home, I knelt down and asked Jesus to come into my life. I started to read the Bible. Then the difficulties began. Until then my parents had always been loving and understanding towards me; now they forbade me to continue meeting those Christians and reading the Bible. One evening I prayed sadly to my heavenly Father, "Please give me what you wish to give me!" Suddenly I felt strengthened. From then on God was my refuge, my counsellor and comforter in good and in difficult times.

Later my parents gave me the choice: either I accepted their view of things, or I had to follow my God and leave home. I chose the latter, although it was not easy for me.

Since then many years have passed. Today my husband and I thank the Lord for strengthening and blessing us daily, so that we can live in the joy of His presence.

Today's reading: Nehemiah 4:1-8 · Proverbs 12:1-9





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


VICTIM OF COMFORT?
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 10, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTIM OF COMFORT?

Just as your attention can be arrested by certain things while undergoing a physical journey, so also can you attention be diverted while running the race to Heaven. One of such things that can divert Heaven-bound citizens is prosperity. Prosperity can give you a lot of comfort which can affect your focus, reduce...More
THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 27, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)


In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before the ages of time, but has manifested in its own due season His word.
(Titus 1:2-3)

THE NON-LYING GOD (2)
I can lie. Titus could too, and so could the Cretans. But God can not lie. I can deceive. But...More
SOCIAL DEVIANTS!
Open Heavens
for Saturday, October 4, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SOCIAL DEVIANTS!

A Christian can be described as a little Christ. While on earth, Christ exhibited integrity in all His utterances and actions. He said His children would do greater works. Are you born-again? Are you a true child of God? With self-discipline and appropriate preparation, you can become effective in exhibiting...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions