daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 6:16 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


God: the Creator and Saviour - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

God: the Creator and Saviour details logo    The Good Seed - Wednesday, June 9, 2022
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
God: the Creator and Saviour

By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
Hebrews 11:3.

God: the Creator and Saviour
I grew up in an atheistic family. From early on I was taught that religious faith was not only useless but even bad. Like my father, who was a scientist, I totally rejected any form of religiousness or spirituality. I myself became a biochemist.

Today I am a Christian, and have a profound sense of God's grace. The redeeming power of the Lord Jesus never fails to astound me.

What led me to renounce the stubborn atheism of my youth for my Christian faith today?

The answer is simple: God was constantly calling me distinctly, although decades passed, before I finally listened to Him. I remember His first clear appeal. As a young man I watched a film about Matthew's gospel. After that I read the four gospels and started going to church. But I did so only out of intellectual interest that had nothing to do with faith. I was a spectator watching attentively, but abstaining from involvement.

God finally granted me His grace through Jesus Christ in a clear, indisputable manner.

"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent" (1 Corinthians 1:18.19).

Today's reading: Genesis 41:53-42:8 · Psalms 27:7-14





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


IS YOUR VISA READY?
Open Heavens
for Monday, December 23, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

IS YOUR VISA READY?

Speaking of aspirations and ambitions in life, if all you can achieve on earth is for your name to enter and remain in the most important book in the universe - the Book of Life, it is worth it. On the Day of Judgment, many whose names were in earth's halls of fame will be shown the way to the eternal lake of fire...More
BE STRONG
Open Heavens
for Friday, February 14, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

BE STRONG

You don't charge someone to be strong if there is no task to be performed or if pressure is not required, either for motion or putting up resistance against an opposing force. In the physical realm, mere movement requires strength. This explains why a sick person or a person just recovering from an ailment finds it...More
God often proves to be other than people think...
The Good Seed
for Saturday, June 10, 2017
by GBV Dillenburg GmbH

God often proves to be other than people think...


Acts 5:4-5

God often proves to be other than people think. Here, for example, death struck a man suddenly for lying before God. Is God therefore severe, when he makes use of His power unreservedly towards the weak?
Let us first briefly examine what preceded this judgment. Holy zeal for the...More
Spiritual Diagnosis
Our Daily Bread
for Thursday, April 29, 2022
by RBC Ministries

Spiritual Diagnosis

Bible in a Year: 1 Kings 6-7, Luke...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions