daily devotionals online logo Tuesday, September 29, 2026 7:32 AM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A normal Nigerian policeman (2) - All The Good Seed Daily Devotionals for 2026

A normal Nigerian policeman (2) details logo    The Good Seed - Thursday, October 7, 2022
  by GBV Dillenburg GmbH
Details
A normal Nigerian policeman (2)

What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?
Mark 8:36.

A normal Nigerian policeman (2)
While on holiday I turned the radio on one morning. A sermon was being preached. From the thousands of Bible verses, the speaker had chosen the very verse Mark 8:36! Annoyed, I switched off. But I couldn't get the verse out of my head. Finally, I spent many days on that holiday reading the Bible.

A friend noticed my newly found interest and advised me to read John's gospel and then the epistle to the Romans. I did so. It seemed to me that the Bible had been written expressly for me.

When I read the third chapter of John's gospel one morning, I simply had to confess my sins to God and ask Him for forgiveness.

I suddenly began to see my life in a different light. I learned that a person's soul is far more important than all the money in the world.

My holiday came to an end and I returned to work. At first I thought I should give up my job. Living according to the Bible seemed to me incompatible with the profession of a Nigerian policeman. But God led me to a neighbour who was not only a customs officer but also a Christian. He showed me that it was possible even in my profession to follow Jesus Christ. And that is what I wanted to do!

As a result I had some problems and suffered some contempt. I met with misunderstanding and was discriminated against. But I was willing to endure this humiliation: it was part of a Christian's life. As a believing Christian policeman I can no longer be a "normal policeman".

(concluded)

Today's reading: Isaiah 38:17-39:8 · Hebrews 5:1-10





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


We have not a high priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities,...
The LORD is near
for Sunday, December 22, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

We have not a high priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities,...


We have not a high priest not able to sympathize with our infirmities, but tempted in all things in like manner, sin apart.
(Hebrews 4:15)


There are those who would use the truth of the real manhood of the Lord Jesus and His gracious, sympathetic identification with our humanity as an...More
DIVINE CHAMPION 2
Open Heavens
for Monday, February 17, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DIVINE CHAMPION 2

Yesterday we discovered that our Lord Jesus Christ is the number one champion and that He makes His people champions. We also saw that a divine champion is a person raised up and supported by God.

One attribute of a champion is strength. The divine champion is one who receives divine strengthening....More
SITUATION-DEPENDENT SERVICE
Open Heavens
for Friday, July 28, 2017
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SITUATION-DEPENDENT SERVICE

Read:...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions