daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 11:23 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Steps to overcoming your worries - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Steps to overcoming your worries details logo    The Word for Today - Saturday, March 12, 2023
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Steps to overcoming your worries

‘I know that you can do all things.' Job 42:2 NIV

Job lost his wealth, his health, and his children. The book he wrote is a conversation between himself and God. At the beginning of it, Job says, ‘Hear now my reasoning' (Job 13:6 NKJV). He is asking, ‘Why has all this happened to me?' At this point, he is totally self-focused. But by the middle of his book, Job has grown spiritually, and now he takes a different approach. Instead of reasoning, he decides to stand on God's Word: ‘But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I shall come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside. I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread' (Job 23:10-12 NIVUK). By the last chapter of his book, Job has decided to trust God completely: ‘I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you' (Job 42:2, 5 NIV). Job has finally arrived at the place where he can say, ‘I trust God; there is no need to worry!' After nine months of worrying, questioning, and reasoning, he decides he doesn't need answers to all his questions; he only needs to know that God cares for him. And his story ends in these words: ‘The LORD restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before' (v. 10 NIV). There you have it; the steps to overcoming your worries!

SoulFood: Acts 2:1-21 Joel 2:23-32





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions