daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 10:43 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


A prayer of forgiveness - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

A prayer of forgiveness details logo    The Word for Today - Thursday, May 5, 2023
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
A prayer of forgiveness

‘Forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.' Ephesians 4:32 NLT

The Bible says, ‘Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behaviour. Instead, be kind to each other, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you' (Ephesians 4:31-32 NLT). Are you struggling to forgive someone? Here is a prayer: ‘Lord, I praise You for forgiving me and washing my sins away. Reveal anything I need to confess to You today so that I can bring it before You and be cleansed and set free, especially any place in my heart where I have not forgiven someone. I know how subtly resentment and bitterness can build up and hinder my prayers. I recognise that my lack of forgiveness towards others can keep me from experiencing Your forgiveness (see Mark 11:25). To say that I need Your help to forgive others the way You have always been forgiving towards me is a huge understatement. You forgave the unforgivable on the cross. I acknowledge that I am incapable of forgiving on my own. Remind me that I cannot make my forgiveness conditional upon whether people deserve it or not and that the focus of my heart must remain on becoming more like You. Give me the grace to forgive and not hold forgiveness back until the other person says or does what I think they should. Take away any anger, bitterness, or resentment in my heart. Pour out Your Spirit upon me and cleanse me of all that's not of You. Enable me to walk in the forgiveness You have given me and to extend it to others. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.'

SoulFood: Num 7 Matt 6:1-18 Ps 37:8-15 Pro 11:3





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


CONDESCEND!
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

CONDESCEND!

After seeing their plight, hearing their cries and feeling their pains, God came down to rescue the Israelites from Egypt. Our God is a mobile God. He comes down to deliver His own. As high as God is and even though He has His throne in Heaven, yet He condescends to meet the needs of His children on earth (Isaiah...More
DIVINE CHAMPION 2
Open Heavens
for Monday, February 17, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

DIVINE CHAMPION 2

Yesterday we discovered that our Lord Jesus Christ is the number one champion and that He makes His people champions. We also saw that a divine champion is a person raised up and supported by God.

One attribute of a champion is strength. The divine champion is one who receives divine strengthening....More
EX-CHAMPION?
Open Heavens
for Sunday, January 25, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

EX-CHAMPION?

Although it is an unpleasant experience to be a defeated contender, becoming an ex-champion is a much more grievous experience. When you are not yet a champion, only a few people pay attention to you. But by the time you become a champion, you will be on the radar of many people, including your enemies. A champion has...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions