daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 9:06 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Growing older with grace (1) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Growing older with grace (1) details logo    The Word for Today - Monday, August 1, 2023
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Growing older with grace (1)

‘If you respect the LORD, you will live longer.' Proverbs 10:27 CEV

Does the thought of ageing make you anxious? If so, it's time to re-examine your value system. With God, the contents are more important than the package. And in order to make peace with your wrinkles, you must come into agreement with Him. Ultimately, it's not the number of days in your life that count but the quality of life in your days. Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine. Note what the host of the wedding reception said: ‘Everyone brings out the choice wine first but you have saved the best till now' (John 2:10 NIV). And that can be the story of your life too. You don't have to suffer from gerascophobia, the fear of ageing. Keep fighting, keep growing, and keep moving forwards. Listen to the words of Caleb: ‘For my part, I wholeheartedly followed the LORD my God Moses solemnly promised me, "The land of Canaan on which you were just walking will be your grant of land and that of your descendants forever" Now, as you can see, the LORD has kept me alive and well as he promised for all these forty-five years since Moses made this promise - even while Israel wandered in the wilderness. Today I am eighty-five years old. I am as strong now as I was when Moses sent me on that journey, and I can still travel and fight as well as I could then. So give me the hill country that the LORD promised me So Joshua blessed Caleb and gave Hebron to him as his portion of land' (Joshua 14:8-13 NLT). That's called ‘growing older with grace'.

SoulFood: Deut 1-2 Mark 1:21-34 Ps 78:17-31 Pro 16:26-30





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


SUBSTITUTION
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SUBSTITUTION

Another way God executes deliverance is by the law of substitution. Proverbs 11:8 says,
"The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead. "

At oftentimes, if a particular incident that has been slated against the righteous must surely be carried out, God gives the captor...More
Get Ready To Move (1)
The Word for today
for Friday, January 24, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (1)

Get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give'
Joshua 1:2 NIV

God said to Joshua: Moses my servant is dead. Now thenget ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give [you]I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Your...More
MISTAKEN IDENTITY
Our Daily Bread
for Monday, March 21, 2016
by RBC Ministries

MISTAKEN IDENTITY

READ:


He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
-Matthew 16:15

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 7-9
Luke 1:21-38

My youngest brother, Scott, was born when I was a senior in high school. This age difference made for an interesting situation when...More
You Are Gifted By God (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 21, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

You Are Gifted By God (1)

The same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.' 1 Corinthians 12:11 NKJV

The Bible says, The secret to success is not just in activity, but in abiding! Your job is to learn the ways of God, and lean on the power of God.

SoulFood: Is...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions