daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 8:14 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


‘I am disciplined and self-controlled’ - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

‘I am disciplined and self-controlled’ details logo    The Word for Today - Friday, October 28, 2023
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
‘I am disciplined and self-controlled’

‘For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.' 2 Timothy 1:7 NASB

In order to be happy in life, you must start doing the right things and stop doing the wrong things. And one of the first things you must do is stop saying, ‘I just don't have any self-control.' Self-control is a choice, and the more you choose it, the stronger it becomes. And here is the best part: the power of self-control comes from God, not you. The Spirit gives us power, love, and discipline. It happens automatically as you spend time with God in prayer and His Word. ‘Listen carefully to my words. Don't lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life' (Proverbs 4:20-23 NLT). God will give you the power to do this, but you must exercise that power each day. There is no quick-fix form of self-control. Remember how many times in school you repeated your times tables before they became part of your thinking? Now you just do it automatically. Similarly, when you become educated to think as God wants you to think, you will be able to defeat the devil and walk in victory. And the first step is to stop saying, ‘I just don't have any self-control.' You will never rise above what you say! As long as you believe you're not a disciplined person, you won't be. So today, come into agreement with God's Word and start saying, ‘I am disciplined and self-controlled.'

SoulFood: 1 Tim 1-3 John 6:52-59 Ps 114 Pro 24:23-25





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


SUBSTITUTION
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SUBSTITUTION

Another way God executes deliverance is by the law of substitution. Proverbs 11:8 says,
"The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead. "

At oftentimes, if a particular incident that has been slated against the righteous must surely be carried out, God gives the captor...More
Get Ready To Move (1)
The Word for today
for Friday, January 24, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (1)

Get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give'
Joshua 1:2 NIV

God said to Joshua: Moses my servant is dead. Now thenget ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give [you]I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Your...More
MISTAKEN IDENTITY
Our Daily Bread
for Monday, March 21, 2016
by RBC Ministries

MISTAKEN IDENTITY

READ:


He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
-Matthew 16:15

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 7-9
Luke 1:21-38

My youngest brother, Scott, was born when I was a senior in high school. This age difference made for an interesting situation when...More
You Are Gifted By God (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 21, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

You Are Gifted By God (1)

The same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.' 1 Corinthians 12:11 NKJV

The Bible says, The secret to success is not just in activity, but in abiding! Your job is to learn the ways of God, and lean on the power of God.

SoulFood: Is...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions