daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:00 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Don’t burn out (1) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Don’t burn out (1) details logo    The Word for Today - Sunday, November 13, 2023
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Don’t burn out (1)

‘Many claim to have unfailing love, but a faithful person who can find?' Proverbs 20:6 NIV

A pastor writes about his experience with burnout: ‘The children had gone to school, my wife was off to work, and I did something I'd never done before. I turned the phone down, put a note on the door, and went back to bed. I was burned out. Within two months, I had resigned my ministry. Three out of four pastors report anger, depression, fear, and alienation. The reasons include a disparity between idealistic expectations and hard reality, lack of boundaries, workaholism, feelings of incompetence, conflict between being a leader and being a servant at the same time, ‘playing it safe' to avoid upsetting powerful parishioners and loneliness (pastors are less likely to have a close friend than almost anybody).' Ministering in your own strength virtually guarantees you will end up as another statistic. Paul was able to go the distance and finish strong because he depended on God to give him the needed strength. One Bible teacher says avoiding burnout means:

a) having a definite call on your life and a strong relationship with Jesus,

b)

seeking His vision and being willing to do whatever He asks c) never losing sight of the people behind the work,

d)

never taking your position for granted,

e) respecting the guy above you and submitting willingly to authority,

f)

knowing that you're fulfilling God's will and your reward is laid up in heaven,

g)

setting boundaries while having a servant's heart, and

h)

never being too big to do small things or too small to do big things. Practise these principles, and you won't burn out.

SoulFood: 1 Chron 6:1 - 7:19 John 8:42-59 Ps 133 Pro 26:1-6





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


SUBSTITUTION
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SUBSTITUTION

Another way God executes deliverance is by the law of substitution. Proverbs 11:8 says,
"The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead. "

At oftentimes, if a particular incident that has been slated against the righteous must surely be carried out, God gives the captor...More
Get Ready To Move (1)
The Word for today
for Friday, January 24, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (1)

Get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give'
Joshua 1:2 NIV

God said to Joshua: Moses my servant is dead. Now thenget ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give [you]I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Your...More
MISTAKEN IDENTITY
Our Daily Bread
for Monday, March 21, 2016
by RBC Ministries

MISTAKEN IDENTITY

READ:


He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
-Matthew 16:15

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 7-9
Luke 1:21-38

My youngest brother, Scott, was born when I was a senior in high school. This age difference made for an interesting situation when...More
You Are Gifted By God (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 21, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

You Are Gifted By God (1)

The same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.' 1 Corinthians 12:11 NKJV

The Bible says, The secret to success is not just in activity, but in abiding! Your job is to learn the ways of God, and lean on the power of God.

SoulFood: Is...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions