daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 7:00 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Being friends with God (2) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Being friends with God (2) details logo    The Word for Today - Sunday, November 20, 2023
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Being friends with God (2)

‘If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you...' Exodus 33:13 NIV

Listen to more of Moses' friendly talk with God: ‘If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favour with you.' Moses is in a national crisis that could end Israel's relationship with God, and what is he praying for? Not, ‘God, I'm in a tough spot. You have to resolve this for me!' But, ‘Teach me your ways so I may know you!' Moses wants more than just to know God's awesome works. His heart cries out to know God's heart and what makes it tick - the inner ways of God. ‘To know Him' includes all the other things Moses could ever seek, including the solution to his problem. And God gave him what he asked. ‘He made known his ways unto Moses' (Psalm 103:7 KJV). Here is more of that conversation: ‘The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."' (Exodus 33:14 NIV). That ‘you' in the Hebrew is singular. God promised to accompany Moses and give rest to him. Anybody else would have accepted gladly. Not Moses. His prayer was bigger than his own concerns. ‘If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here' (Exodus 33:15 NIV). In other words, ‘Lord, it's not for me I'm praying; it's for us!' And God answered that prayer. Are your prayers bigger than yourself and your own needs? The Bible says, ‘For God so loved the world' (John 3:16 KJV). Do you pray for your town, nation, and the world? You have been called to and you should!

SoulFood: 1 Chron 23:21 - 26:19 John 10:22-33 Ps 81 Pro 27:1-3





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


SUBSTITUTION
Open Heavens
for Wednesday, December 18, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

SUBSTITUTION

Another way God executes deliverance is by the law of substitution. Proverbs 11:8 says,
"The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead. "

At oftentimes, if a particular incident that has been slated against the righteous must surely be carried out, God gives the captor...More
Get Ready To Move (1)
The Word for today
for Friday, January 24, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get Ready To Move (1)

Get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give'
Joshua 1:2 NIV

God said to Joshua: Moses my servant is dead. Now thenget ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give [you]I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Your...More
MISTAKEN IDENTITY
Our Daily Bread
for Monday, March 21, 2016
by RBC Ministries

MISTAKEN IDENTITY

READ:


He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
-Matthew 16:15

THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Joshua 7-9
Luke 1:21-38

My youngest brother, Scott, was born when I was a senior in high school. This age difference made for an interesting situation when...More
You Are Gifted By God (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 21, 2021
by Bob and Debby Gass

You Are Gifted By God (1)

The same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.' 1 Corinthians 12:11 NKJV

The Bible says, The secret to success is not just in activity, but in abiding! Your job is to learn the ways of God, and lean on the power of God.

SoulFood: Is...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions