daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 6:58 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Meditation for beginners - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Meditation for beginners details logo    The Word for Today - Thursday, December 1, 2023
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Meditation for beginners

‘We have thought, O God, on Your lovingkindness...' Psalm 48:9 NKJV

Hopefully, by now, you are convinced that the power that comes from meditating on God's Word is a power you need in your life. But maybe you're a beginner, and you need a starting point. You're thinking, ‘Yes, I know I need to spend more time meditating on God's Word, but how do I do it? Here are a few ideas to get you started:

1) Meditate on God's blessings. ‘Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits' (Psalm 103:1-2 NKJV). Meditation leads to a thankful heart.

2) Meditate on your relationship with God. ‘You received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God' (Romans 8:15-16 NKJV).

3) Meditate on God's love for you. ‘Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips. When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me' (Psalm 63:3-8 NKJV). You can meditate on God's promises to protect you, guide you, instruct you, correct you, or bless you. The point is, you need to get started!

SoulFood: 2 Chron 32-34 John 12:37-50 Ps 146 Pro 28:9-12





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


HOW PERSUADED?
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

HOW PERSUADED?

In 2 Timothy 4:10, Demas - a co-labourer with Paul was floored by his love for the world. He became a victim of comfort. Today, many people are also becoming prayerless and shifting their or trust from God to uncertain riches. They are now tending towards the belief that money can fix everything. If you are in such...More
A LESSON FROM GOLIATH
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, January 21, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

A LESSON FROM GOLIATH

At the first sight of David, Goliath despised him. He was amazed that the children of Israel could find no other man to fight him than a young boy. As if that was not enough, Goliath did not see any conventional weapon of war on David. So he asked, "Am I a dog?" The first lesson we have to learn from this story as...More
Always Be Humble
The Word for today
for Sunday, January 31, 2016
by Bob and Debby Gass

Always Be Humble

Who am Ithat you have brought me this far?' 2 Samuel 7:18 (NIV 2011 Edition)
A MEMBER of parliament took his little daughter to visit Westminster Abbey. As she stood looking up at its magnificent columns, her father asked, What do you think, sweetheart?' With childlike candour she replied, I was...More
Forgive And Move On (2)
The Word for today
for Tuesday, August 12, 2020
by Bob and Debby Gass

Forgive And Move On (2)

Anyone who starts ploughing and keeps looking back isn't worth a thing to God's Kingdom!' Luke 9:62 CEV

If you're wise, you'll do four things:

(1) Focus on the road ahead. By looking in the rear-view mirror instead of what's up ahead, you'll end up in a ditch. Focus on the fact you've...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions