daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 6:58 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Finding common ground (1) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Finding common ground (1) details logo    The Word for Today - Friday, December 2, 2023
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Finding common ground (1)

‘I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some.' 1 Corinthians 9:22 ESV

To influence someone, you must first connect with them. And to do that, you must look for common ground. Paul writes, ‘For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.' (1 Corinthians 9:20-22 NKJV) Connecting with people means entering into their world and experiencing things from their point of view. When it came to preaching the truth, Paul wouldn't yield an inch. But when it came to reaching and influencing people for Christ, he tried to remove every roadblock between them and Christ. And you must be willing to do the same. People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. That's why you must approach them heart-first, not headfirst. Before someone can receive the truth you have to share, they must be convinced that you love and care for them. And that means finding common ground.

SoulFood: 2 Chron 35-36 2 John John 13:1-17 Ps 14 Pro 28:13-16





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


GOD PROMOTES
Open Heavens
for Friday, December 20, 2013
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

GOD PROMOTES

When God set out to deliver the children of Israel from Egypt, it was to take them out of captivity and bondage and to lift them up. God has come to take you out of your current location in the miry clay to your promised land - a land flowing with milk and honey. This simply tells us that the God of Abraham, Isaac...More
TRAIN UP YOUR CHILD 1
Open Heavens
for Sunday, February 2, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

TRAIN UP YOUR CHILD 1

One major undoing of modern civilized society is an abounding generation of untrained children. This trend did not just start, but has been on for some time now. The result is that many untrained children of few years back have become parents themselves. It is the multiplier effect of their lack of proper home...More
A LIBERAL HEART?
Open Heavens
for Saturday, November 27, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

A LIBERAL HEART?

Read:
, God asked the widow to feed the prophet before taking care of herself. At the end of the day, what was not enough became more than enough. To what extent do you practice giving as an individual, family, church or nation?

Those who never give will continue to beg, if you desire to...More
A DISTINCTIVE FAITH
Today in the Word
for Thursday, October 22, 2021
by Moody's Bible Institute

A DISTINCTIVE FAITH

Hebrews 11:24-28

Author Zora Neale Hurston wrote a book titled Moses, Man of the Mountain. Published in 1939, it retells the story of Moses and the Exodus. Hurston altered details of the story for her own purposes, weaving in allusions to African American history, folklore, and song. She reflected...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions