daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 2:58 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


The right balance - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

The right balance details logo    The Word for Today - Tuesday, May 28, 2024
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
The right balance

‘And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth;...' John 1:14 RSV

Some of us major in grace but neglect confronting people with the truth lest we offend them. Others of us major in truth but fail to show God’s grace to people. But Jesus was ‘full of grace and truth’, (see John 1:14) and that’s the balance you must strive for!

A man with little interest in spiritual matters related casually to the Christian who lived next door. They talked over the back fence, borrowed each other’s tools, and stuff like that. Then sadly the nonbeliever’s wife was stricken with cancer and died. Here is part of a letter he wrote afterwards: ‘I was in total despair. I went through the funeral preparations and the service like I was in a trance. After the service, I went to the path along the river and walked all night. But I didn’t walk alone. My neighbour – afraid for me, I guess – stayed with me all night. He didn’t speak; he didn’t even walk beside me. He just followed me. When the sun finally came up over the river, he came over and said, “Let’s go get some breakfast.” I go to church now. My neighbour’s church. A religion that can produce the kind of caring my neighbour showed me is something I want to find out more about. I want to love and be loved like that for the rest of my life.’

Any farmer will tell you that before you sow your seed, you must prepare the ground. ‘Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good;’ (Romans 12:9 RSV). When you treat people with grace, they will open their hearts and minds to the truth you want to share with them.

SoulFood: Judg 19:16 – 21:25 Mark 11:27-33 Ps 45 Pro 13:13-16





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...
The LORD is near
for Friday, December 6, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and...

And the angel of the LORD appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; ...More
What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...
The LORD is near
for Tuesday, December 17, 2013
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

What shall the baptized for the dead do if ...


What shall the baptized for the dead do if those that are baptized rise not at all? Why also are they baptized for them?
(1 Corinthians 15:29)


Who are "the dead," and who are those "baptized for the dead"? The next verse gives an important hint: "Why do we also endanger ourselves every...More
VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I
Open Heavens
for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

VICTORY OVER ENEMIES I

The first thing that strikes you in

Bible in one year:
Jeremiah 44-46
Psalm 58

Prayer...More
KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE
Open Heavens
for Friday, April 17, 2015
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

KEEP YOURSELF HUMBLE

Several years ago, I was on a visit to a parish of our church in Ilesha (a town in southwest Nigeria) on the same day that a Bible Study was to take place. Because I wanted to be blessed, I sat down in the congregation waiting for the Bible study teacher to commence the lesson for the day. However, an overzealous...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions