daily devotionals online logo Monday, September 28, 2026 1:37 PM GMT+1
       Reset Password       
Click here to sign up.
 
daily devotionals online
Home
       our daily bread
Our Daily Bread
       the good seed
The Good Seed
       the LORD is near
The LORD is near
       andrew wommack
Andrew Wommack
       billy graham
Billy Graham
       the word for today
The Word for Today
 
christian topics
Christian
       general topics
General
       interesting topics
Interesting
       more dailydevotionals online links
More
 


Live in the light (1) - All The Word for Today Daily Devotionals for 2026

Live in the light (1) details logo    The Word for Today - Saturday, August 17, 2024
  by Bob and Debby Gass
Details
Live in the light (1)

‘I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.’ John 8:12 NKJV

A pastor wrote: ‘Have you ever heard the term achluophobia? It is the fear of darkness … Being in complete darkness is unnerving. It induces a sense of helplessness. And yet physical darkness is nothing compared to emotional, relational, and spiritual darkness.’ Today you may feel like you’re in a dark place with no way out: ‘My girlfriend left me for another man’. Or ‘I’m probably heading towards divorce. My husband has been cheating on me.’ Or ‘I’m depressed and cry for no reason. When will these feelings go away?’ Or ‘I’m wrestling with a terrible illness, and I’m basically housebound. I am in a dark place and need help.’ If that’s your story, there is help, and there is hope. Jesus said, ‘…”I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”’ (John 8:12 NKJV)

If you’re willing to turn to Him today, you will discover that He can illuminate your path and show you the way out of the darkness you’re in. When you turn on the light, darkness has to leave. And Jesus is the light that removes our spiritual and emotional darkness. Notice that Jesus didn’t say He is a light, or one among many, but instead the light. He didn’t say He is light just for some, but the light of the world. Regardless of whether you live in Sydney, London, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Toronto, or Timbuktu, Jesus is your answer. If you’re living in darkness, He is inviting you to come to Him and step into the light.

SoulFood: 1 Chr 26:20 – 29:30 Luke 14:1-14 Ps 119:65-72 Pro 21:10-13





 

More From Our Daily Devotional Archives


Get God's Opinion (1)
The Word for today
for Wednesday, January 29, 2014
by Bob and Debby Gass

Get God's Opinion (1)

The Lord does not look at the things man looks at' 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV
David's father didn't think he was qualified to be Israel's next king. So when Samuel came looking for a successor to King Saul, he presented his eldest son Eliab, who was a general in the army. Samuel was impressed. Samuel saw Eliab...More
THE ULTIMATE GOAL
Open Heavens
for Monday, August 23, 2016
by Pastor E.A Adeboye

THE ULTIMATE GOAL

Read:


Bible in one year:
Isaiah 49-51
Psalms 40:1-10

Hymn:
Sing hymn 4

God's eternal purpose for calling us into His kingdom is to make us a people that will be conformed to the image of His Son Jesus Christ. The moment we surrender our lives...More
Not I but Christ
The LORD is near
for Friday, October 2, 2021
by Jacob Redekop, Brian Reynolds, John van Dijk, Eugene P. Vedder Jr

Not I but Christ

Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
Mark 8:34

Not I but Christ
I have heard it said, "People should be allowed to be themselves." But I can find no scriptural basis to support this statement, for freedom "to be myself" is to...More



 



For enquiries, notifications and ad placement send mail to dailydevotionalsonline@gmail.com
Copyright 2012 - 2026 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy || Terms & Conditions